Author Topic: More CARB madness (Now with RVs)  (Read 1945 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
More CARB madness (Now with RVs)
« on: March 12, 2021, 12:37:13 PM »
Because there are so many diesel pusher motorhomes out there CA has decided they all (everyone on CA roads) needs a CARB certificate to operate in CA. So now people who could possibly drop a ton of money visiting CA tourist spots, including National Parks will be saddled with an additional cost, just in case they want to visit CA. I have a feeling the only time I will ever go there is when my MIL dies and SWMBO will want to go to the funeral.

https://camperreport.com/california-looking-to-restrict-out-of-state-diesel-motorhomes/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: More CARB madness (Now with RVs)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 01:22:23 PM »
Well, it won't matter much when CA follows OR and bans diesel.

I have never been able to fathom why the rest of the country constantly lets CARB push them around. From gas cans to Tier4, it's like CARB has more power than Congress.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 02:13:27 PM »
California seems bound and determined to destroy every successful economic sector they have.

I applaud their industry... Or, actually, I applaud the industry they're drive out of the state.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 04:46:44 PM »
Aren't they the third or fourth (or something like that) largest economy in the world?

Obviously, the hippy-dippy voting sector doesn't like "industry" (yuck) and "business" (ick) and "profit" (blecch), so they're trying to cut down on those noxious things to gain the fifth or sixth (or whatever) largest economy position and proceed downward from there.

Hey, majority rules.  Amiright?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 05:16:09 PM »
Fifth largest economy, supposedly, if you don't count stuff like free military protection and whatnot.

It's not that they don't want industry, it's that they don't want it in their backyard. Stuff like their batteries should be made in other people's yards.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 07:56:18 PM »
Well, it won't matter much when CA follows OR and bans diesel.

I have never been able to fathom why the rest of the country constantly lets CARB push them around. From gas cans to Tier4, it's like CARB has more power than Congress.

That's the power of the mob for you (not the mafia kind).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 08:22:40 AM »
"Stuff like their batteries should be made in other people's yards."

And by little African chillrun slaves of color...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 09:03:15 AM »
That's the power of the mob for you (not the mafia kind).

I prefer the mafia kind
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 01:31:06 AM »
I prefer the mafia kind

Yep!

Quote from: C.S. Lewis
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 06:45:46 PM »
At least the mafia  has some sense of honor and good business practices. They aren't going to have a drunken party and then burn your business down in a wild fit of dog-packing.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 07:02:06 PM by 230RN »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »
That moment when everyone realizes that living under an Organized Crime Syndicate would be less tyrannical than their current government.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 09:54:32 PM »
That moment when everyone realizes that living under an Organized Crime Syndicate would be less tyrannical than their current government.

Yep. Mafia might extort “protection money” from a business but so does the government...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 12:25:50 AM »
Yep. Mafia might extort “protection money” from a business but so does the government...
The Mafia might actually provide a useful service for their "protection money" . . . like preventing damage during a "peaceful protest."

Government - in many places - won't. In fact, they'd prefer the police act as a protection detail for the peaceful protestors as they burn, loot, and murder.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2021, 12:57:46 AM »
The Mafia might actually provide a useful service for their "protection money" . . . like preventing damage during a "peaceful protest."

Government - in many places - won't. In fact, they'd prefer the police act as a protection detail for the peaceful protestors as they burn, loot, and murder.

The Mafia has basic self interest in keeping the businesses they extort, well, in business.  Our government doesn't.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 04:23:16 PM »

Well said.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 04:24:29 PM »