Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 3840 times)

online poker player

Hey everyone
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:36:30 AM »
So I found The High Road forum a few days ago, and when I asked them if they had or were going to make an Off Topic section, they directed me here.

Anyway, I hope I don't goof up and get banned, lol, because on some of the other forums I've posted on over the past few years, the rules were a little more lax (cursing allowed, vulgar pictures allowed, etc), but I'll try my best to follow the rules.

P.S.

Do any of you guys play online poker?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »
To be honest, your first post right out of the gate makes me kind of nervous.

If you want to know how to act here, spend a day or two reading through threads and pay special attention to this one:

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=4406.0

Those aren't all the rules to live by, but they're the big ones.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

online poker player

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »
Sorry if it came out wrong.

I read the rules before I posted (thus the part where I said "I hope I can follow the rules" since in real life, in all honesty I do curse occasionally, and so forth, so I have to make a conscious effort not to mess up when I'm in here.)

Anyway, I definitely mean no harm, and will try to act

well...

polite    : )

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:45 AM »
That's all we can ask for, and welcome aboard.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »
Welcome aboard.  We promise to make Mike be nice for your first couple of posts.  After that you're on your own...

The only thing to keep in mind is that we will stomp you into the ground if you sass us.  Of course, we can be bought.

grin

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:13:30 AM »
Well hi, I guess.  Of course the last time some new guy on a message board had an avi featuring t&a, the guy turned out to be a notorious troll.  Oh, and the time before. And the time before.  Hm, I don't ever recall seeing someone arrive to a message board, immediately select a tit-based avi, and not be a jerk.

Not that I'm passing judgement mind, just reserving it.  grin

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »
I thought that it was more "thinking out load" than passing judgement or anything.....

Well hi, I guess.  Of course the last time some new guy on a message board had an avi featuring t&a, the guy turned out to be a notorious troll.  Oh, and the time before. And the time before.  Hm, I don't ever recall seeing someone arrive to a message board, immediately select a tit-based avi, and not be a jerk.

Not that I'm passing judgement mind, just reserving it.  grin

One day at a time.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »
What Bridgewalker said. Mind changing that? My boss has a direct view of my screen, and I'd prefer he didn't get the wrong idea about what kinda boards I visit.....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

online poker player

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »
My bad (I have the same avatar on a different forum so it's a tradition for me, but I will change it (brb))

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »
My bad (I have the same avatar on a different forum so it's a tradition for me, but I will change it (brb))

Appreciate it.  We may be a bunch of hoodlums, but we're family-friendly hoodlums.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

online poker player

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
Lol, well the new avatar might get me even more heat than the last one, but at least it isn't t&a right?

Haha, anyways, yes I understand that some people surf this at work or in front of kids, so I'll try to steer clear of even the bikini pics from here on out.  (I turned 22 last month btw, if this explains anything).

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »
It does, and I like the new Avitar....
One day at a time.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:56 AM »
It's farking awesome  grin

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »
Lol, well the new avatar might get me even more heat than the last one, but at least it isn't t&a right?

Haha, anyways, yes I understand that some people surf this at work or in front of kids, so I'll try to steer clear of even the bikini pics from here on out.  (I turned 22 last month btw, if this explains anything).

Much better, thanks!

On a related note, I always thought that setting up an online gambling site would be great business!  Trading some (minor) bandwidth for cash sounds mighty good.  Pay out a sizable percentage of the earnings to keep everyone interested, and I think you could make a pretty decent living off it.  That said, I'm pretty sure that the server would have to be overseas.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »
Second best live concert I ever saw was Pink Floyd, their Division Bell tour, when it came to DC back in the mid 1990s.

The best live concert I ever saw was Jethro Tull (Under Wraps tour) at the New Haven Civic Arena in 1984. And it didn't beat Pink Floyd by much.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »
Oh, and welcome aboard OPP. Nice to know you aren't some bot spamming for sleazy gambling/pr0n sites.  shocked grin

Do you post under the same username on THR?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

online poker player

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 11:53:57 AM »
Yea, I have the same name on THR, but I've only been on there for a couple days.

Basically I normally post in an online poker forum, but when I was asking them for gun advice (I used to target shoot rifles when I was 11 years old, but only shot rifles, not handguns or shotguns) for which .22lr semi-auto to get for my first pistol, none of them really had any good advice to offer (they all basically said something along the lines of "whatchya getting a 22 for, that's weak I got a .44 magnum under the pillow blah blah blah" etc) so then I was googling around trying to decide between the p22 and the ruger mark3 and the buckmark and so forth, and I stumbled across THR.  I was pretty surprised how big the forum was, and it seemed to much higher quality than any of the other gun related sites I had ever seen, so I decided to register there and ask them for opinions.  Then after that, I looked for their Off Topic section, and realized they didn't have one, and thus

voila

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »
P22.
One day at a time.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
THR is good for gun info. So is TheFiringLine.com.

And I'd go with the old 9 shot H&R revolver if you can find one. grin

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 12:00:52 PM »
Ruger 22/45.  I have about 30k rounds through mine with nary a hitch.

Brad
-HankB

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
You can never go wrong with Pink Floyd or a Browning Buckmark....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 12:37:43 PM »
Welcome here. 

I can't agree with yer taste in music, but for .22's you're on the right track.  I'd tell you to get the ruger, unless the grip angle doesn't suit ya.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 12:40:45 PM »
Your new avitar ofend me.  pink Floydd is the Devils Music!  Wickid, Wickid!

Oh, and welcome. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
Your new avitar ofend me.  pink Floydd is the Devils Music!  Wickid, Wickid!

Oh, and welcome. 

Devil's got good taste....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 01:34:36 PM »
Welcome.
Andy