Author Topic: Photo request  (Read 3828 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Photo request
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »
Can anybody near US Rt 66 take me a hi res pic of a weathered RT 66 road sign? I need a good sign pic to chop into another photo. Preferably one that just has the shield and "66" on it with no other wording. If we can't get away from wording I imagine we could take them out, so no biggie either way.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Photo request
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »
Used to be there near St. Louis... About the only Route 66 signs through there are the ones they sell to tourists...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

280plus

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
Thanks all. I'll see if this works for us.  =D

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 06:24:32 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
Your Google Fu must be strong. I Googled the exact same thing and came up with bupkus. Thankee kindly...

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
Your Google Fu must be strong. I Googled the exact same thing and came up with bupkus. Thankee kindly...
:angel: clear your personalized info. [tinfoil]
http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=106230&hl=en

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 11:31:06 PM »
Sometimes in the '80s 66 was re-designated from US to state highways. None of the old fashioned shield signs are still in use. They were all taken down and replaced to be later auctioned off.
Around here it was kind of a big deal. The signs were pretty much totally replaced over night the day before the re-designation went into effect. Seems the government was afraid they would have been stolen in bulk if the public knew it was coming.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 11:43:08 PM »
That really sucks.  Not to mention all of the "Historic Route 66" signs just look stupid.  They should have left it the same.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 12:19:51 AM »

Unless you were looking for a realworld image  

If so some better ones

link to an HD version

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:30:01 AM by InfidelSerf »
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

280plus

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 06:18:03 AM »
yea, first time I've seen them and I think the "Historic" signs suck.  =|

Thanks more to all. I sent all these over to the photographer to see what he thinks.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:14:02 AM »
i had my google search set to return large sized images.

another place to hunt is inside of www.flickr.com
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 08:21:15 AM »
i had my google search set to return large sized images 
I have to ask how.  =)

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 08:30:33 AM »
I have to ask how.  =)

Go into the advanced image search (the link is right next to the search button).  It's one of the options.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

280plus

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 08:37:01 AM »
Thanks again. I see. I never go to the google page I have the toolbar and just type in there.

Now I'm trying desperately to figure out how to make that long link into a short "here" link like Harold did with his. I've done it before but can't remember for the life of me how it's done.  =|

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »
Thanks again. I see. I never go to the google page I have the toolbar and just type in there.

Now I'm trying desperately to figure out how to make that long link into a short "here" link like Harold did with his. I've done it before but can't remember for the life of me how it's done.  =|

Code: [Select]

[url=www.theurl.com/thelink.html]The Name of the Link[/url]

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

280plus

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 09:10:39 AM »
Thanks again Rego. I tried but couldn't get it to work. No more time to fool with it now though. Got to GO!!  =D

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »
280 check out this addon for Firefox
BBcodeXtra

It ads a context menu to your right click that will give you all kinds of insert commands to use with or without items in your clipboard.

For example you copy the LOOOOONG link that you had and then right click and choose the bbcode xtra menu then move to clipboard to selections like: Image, URL, URL with name, quote,  etc.
When you click it, it will place the item that is in your clipboard (last copy command) and place it in the message field here with the appropriate BBcode around it.   
Very handy

Or you could use http://tinyurl.com/
Just a suggestion FWIW
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:53:59 PM by InfidelSerf »
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
Of course, you could always use hugeurl:

http://www.hugeurl.com/?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

:P
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

280plus

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 08:31:06 AM »
 :lol:

Still no time to mess with it but I'll be back!!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »
TGFCNGWF =D