Author Topic: Hey, That's Entrapment!: Kopbusters.com Honey Pot Sting  (Read 19935 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Hey, That's Entrapment!: Kopbusters.com Honey Pot Sting
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
I'm amazed that a couple of different undercover agencies haven't done a "sting" and busted each other ;)

What would they think and do if the arrestees had badges ???

they have
once back in the 70's they charged one guy with conspiracy all other players were leo
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:11 PM »
they have
once back in the 70's they charged one guy with conspiracy all other players were leo

Too bad there wasn't a big shootout  :laugh:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
they have
Heh. There was a Get Smart episode on exactly those lines. Fact repeats fiction.  =D

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »
any evidence they used a flir in this case?   did they have a warrant?

I assume they had a warrant to search the house.

Pretty much anything they put on it would appear to be bull****.  Since they have not released it, we don't know precisely which flavor of bull**** they decided to run with.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »
I assume they had a warrant to search the house.

Pretty much anything they put on it would appear to be bull****.  Since they have not released it, we don't know precisely which flavor of bull**** they decided to run with.

how would you make that assumption? and then we would ask why the lawyer hasn't released it to promote the show. unless hes going to try to do "geraldo and al capones vault"again
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »
Its implied in the articles. If the bait house was doing nothing illegal; then the only way to get a warrant would be to lie on the affidavit. Because there would be no other circumstantial evidence of a substantial nature to provide probable cause.

In fact, the point is that there is only two possible ways for the cops to have been tipped off at all:
1.) They used illegal methods of proxy search, i.e. IR cameras
2.) The baiters deliberately fed the agents false information

Number 2 is unlikely since that would defeat the whole purpose of the effort. The only other likely and logical conclusion is that these cops are corrupt and ignore supreme court orders, and lied about their information source to get a search warrant.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

myrockfight

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 01:44:58 AM »
how would you make that assumption? and then we would ask why the lawyer hasn't released it to promote the show. unless hes going to try to do "geraldo and al capones vault"again

I'm trying to be objective here. Wouldn't the warrant have to have been gotten under dubious means? There was obviously not an informant that would have given any pertinent information unless they just happened to look inside the house and see the grow lights through an open window. That is not very plausible. Assuming that someone involved with the film didn't call in an anonymous "tip", wouldn't it have to be an illegally obtained warrant?

I would normally throw on a grin and be happy as a clam hearing this news. Part of me is. But mostly, I am disappointed that officers have sunk so low in this country that this kind of show is possible. I have heard stories from people I know being unjustly accused and arrested by the police for ridiculous and trumped up charges. These weren't people who smoked pot, or did any other drugs for that matter. They paid their taxes, went to church, and were productive citizens. One in particular had bought "too much" Sudafed. She purchased a "thirty day supply", a day "too early."  What did they do? They busted her door down, stuck a gun in her face and threw her on the ground. The woman is 52 years old and is somewhat well-off. Not exactly someone you would ever think would do anything like that in a million years. But what the heck. Let's do it. We're cops. What are they going to do to us?

I respect the law and have a healthy respect for those who enforce it. But these stories are becoming WAY to common. Abuse of authority is rampant on all levels this day and age. It needs to be stopped sometime. I hope they repeat this show in every friggin' city across the U.S. and put an end to the corruption that is festering in our cities and robbing us and those who would enforce the law justifiably of sincerity, respectability, and honor.

Think of what could be done if everyone in this country respected law enforcement and knew that they could be trusted. I know that is an absolute imposibility, but a much higher degree of respect is attainable and would do wonders for our justice system. But just like everything else, there are people involved who are more worried about their promotion, increase in salary, recognition (even if ill-gotten) than operating within an "acceptable" range of honorability. It is a damn shame.

Kudos to the law enforcement officers that are sincere, truthful, and hold justice above themselves and their wants. They are certainly worthy of our respect and admiration. It is a tough job that demands an amount of self-control and discipline that most people do not have.

• friends
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2008, 09:09:10 AM »
Its implied in the articles.

the articles have the same source   and pardon my skepticism about that source.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 09:39:34 AM »
Its implied in the articles.

the articles have the same source   and pardon my skepticism about that source.

All you have to show for your scepticism is that he was arrested five times and not actually ever convicted of any crime. Ever.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 10:04:21 AM »
you might wanna research this representative of your party a bit.  though hes about par

i find it fascinating that he went into some detail about the one event and was uncharacteristically quiet about the other 4. feel free to enlighten us. i have some nonacademic experience with getting arrested. in my case it happened cause i was screwing up by the numbers. perhaps in his case its all part of some plan to oppress his political beliefs since they pose such an intense threat to the status quo?!  ......... nah....

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 10:05:54 AM »
you might wanna research this representative of your party a bit.  though hes about par

i find it fascinating that he went into some detail about the one event and was uncharacteristically quiet about the other 4. feel free to enlighten us. i have some nonacademic experience with getting arrested. in my case it happened cause i was screwing up by the numbers. perhaps in his case its all part of some plan to oppress his political beliefs since they pose such an intense threat to the status quo?!  ......... nah....

My... party? What party am I a member of?

Of course, the fact is, he wasn't convicted. Therefore the charges on which he was arrested were immaterial to me.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »
ahhhh   you see thats where you have me at a disadvantage. lacking your genius at assessing folks and situations i am forced to rely on an outmoded dinosaur technique.  back when we rode horses to school we learned to take a look at what the other guy is hiding. and found that it often reveals much.  in this case he was quick to tell us of the one charge and how he beaat other charges he beat. i've found self confessed drunks with anger management issues are fun to watch.  i would dearly love him to sign a release so we could see his employment files. drunk cops with anger problems have colorful files

• friends
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »
http://www.nevergetbusted.com/feedtheprisoners.php

send money to this guy and he forwards it to poor pot political prisoners    and his cut is 50%.
damn this guy is slick  though hustling stoners is not sporting

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 10:40:57 AM »
I agree that it would make the anti-illegal raid campaign look better if it wasn't tied into all the "legalize marijuana" and "never get busted" stuff.  :) 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »
http://www.nevergetbusted.com/feedtheprisoners.php

send money to this guy and he forwards it to poor pot political prisoners    and his cut is 50%.
damn this guy is slick  though hustling stoners is not sporting

You forgot the part where he says he doesn't care if people copy and redistribute thte stuff for free.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »
ahhhh   you see thats where you have me at a disadvantage. lacking your genius at assessing folks and situations i am forced to rely on an outmoded dinosaur technique.  back when we rode horses to school we learned to take a look at what the other guy is hiding. and found that it often reveals much.  in this case he was quick to tell us of the one charge and how he beaat other charges he beat. i've found self confessed drunks with anger management issues are fun to watch.  i would dearly love him to sign a release so we could see his employment files. drunk cops with anger problems have colorful files

You see, I'm one of these people who still believe that ad hominem is a logical fallacy.

• friends
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »
this feller is the the one who brought up his cred   his getting busted. he just gets shy after touting the one bust

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
So, what's your actual beef with this story, apart or this guy's five arrests [and no convictions]?

• friends
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »
it/he has a miasma

You forgot the part where he says he doesn't care if people copy and redistribute thte stuff for free.

generous lof him to allow you to help him skim 50%

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »
Ratchet it back a notch or two, kiddies.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 11:42:43 AM »
it/he has a miasma

You know, I'm sorely tempted to use that Princess Bride quote here.

generous lof him to allow you to help him skim 50%

By... taking his stuff for free?

• friends
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 11:44:29 AM »
i take it you didn't read the link?  feed the prisoners?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 11:47:59 AM »
i take it you didn't read the link?  feed the prisoners?

I read it. And I also read that he allows you to copy the discs for free and give them to your buddies, which yields him nor the prisoners not a dime. This doesn't seem to be the attitude of someone who is only interested in profits.

• friends
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »
don't get me wrong i admire a guy who tells the mark hes skimming 50 % and still gets marks

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »
I'm not sure I get what you are getting at cassandra and sara's daddy.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic