Author Topic: Job interview advice, please  (Read 3303 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Job interview advice, please
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »
Headless,

What's the word?  Did you go out to their site on Friday?

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »
Sigh...  Nope, I didn't get to go out there afterall. 

They called back on Friday and said they didn't have time for the onsite visit this week or next.  They say they're still very interested in talking to me, but "the timing isn't right".  They say they'll call back in a while to reschedule.  No word on how long "a while" will be.  They also said they want me to call them back if I get another offer from another company, they'd say they would want the chance to make a counter offer. 

All in all they really do sound like they're interested in me, but I can't help feeling that they just blew me off.  Time will tell...   undecided

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »
They also said they want me to call them back if I get another offer from another company, they'd say they would want the chance to make a counter offer. 

Together with cancelling a site visit, that is a bad sign. I would interpret it as a way for them to buy themselves time to wait for an answer from a more desirable candidate. If he refuses, they will contact you again without having estranged you. If he accepts, they will simply make a final simple excuse when you contact them back, because they have not built up your expectation.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 06:59:05 PM »
HTG - Tough luck.  But you never know, something could still work out.  Stay in touch with those folks, and send them a card saying how much you appreciate their interest in you.

Take it easy.
Formerly sumpnz

BozemanMT

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 02:33:39 PM »
it's a big company right?
Their req probably got frozen or eliminated.
Seen it happen all the time.
Things out of the local hiring group's hand.
that's my opinion anyway
Although, they only get one more strike.
Blowing off two interviews isn't good.
Brian
CO

From land of the free and home of the brave to land of the fee and home of the slave