Author Topic: Hunters Richer than "Assault Weapon" Owners?  (Read 8754 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Hunters Richer than "Assault Weapon" Owners?
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2007, 10:56:24 AM »
Ok, Harold, I know you're trying to get some message across with that Rooney Gun pic, but is that your interpretation of the average black rifle owner's gun?  undecided

I'd wager good money that there are a magnitude of order more Fudds and Krieghoff/Perazzi snobs than wannabe mall ninjas w/lasers, phasers, and wind speed indicators hung on their AR and AK rifles.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »
The gotta have it tacticool accessory crowd, spends a lot of money accessorizing their bang sticks.

The all i need is my 30/30 crowd, buys a box of ammo every blue moon
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2007, 01:59:53 PM »
You can get an anemometer for a rifle?Huh? I am so down with that. That's almost as cool as a beanie with a propeller!  laugh
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2007, 04:53:20 PM »
The gotta have it tacticool accessory crowd, spends a lot of money accessorizing their bang sticks.

The all i need is my 30/30 crowd, buys a box of ammo every blue moon

Ok, so I'll have to figure out where I fit in that "category", I guess.

Is there a 200+ guns in the safes, 20K+ rounds in 24 different chamberings, 4 Dillon reloading presses crowd?
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Lee

• friend
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2007, 05:16:09 PM »

Ditto

This is not directly related...but for what it's worth, I was just looking at the Ohio DNR website.  It's encouraging news that youth hunting permits have been rising steadily...over 40,000 issued the last year the numbers were published.  I wonder what the national total is? From what I've heard, a lot of states south and southeast of here close many schools during the deer season, due to lack of attendance.  That's a lot of new shooters...and good news regardless.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2007, 12:06:53 AM »
That was the tip of the iceberg, including the ubiquitous "I don't need a rifle or pistol" from the Krieghoff/Perazzi owner.

They apparantly don't need pump shotguns either. I've had numerous shotgun snobs look down their noses at me when walking up to the line with a Wingmaster since I've moved out the Wisconsin hinterlands. Its fun winning money or prize shoots. I've had a few of them come up to me and say " you shoot that really well, as if their $10,000 shotgun ws magically imbued with bird busting powers and mine was something a homeless guy might bring if he trapshoots. I gave up trap entirely because of other shooter's attitudes that live around the urban areas. I now shoot a lot of sporting clays- its more of a laid back joe-sixpack working man's sport and a lot more fun because of the people I've shot with and the greater challenge that it offers over trap.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2007, 06:50:57 AM »

Ditto

This is not directly related...but for what it's worth, I was just looking at the Ohio DNR website.  It's encouraging news that youth hunting permits have been rising steadily...over 40,000 issued the last year the numbers were published.  I wonder what the national total is? From what I've heard, a lot of states south and southeast of here close many schools during the deer season, due to lack of attendance.  That's a lot of new shooters...and good news regardless.

Some districts in Michigan do this too.  Between all the kids and teachers taking the day off, it is just easier to cancel.  Unfortunately, they receive flak from the anti's and the media.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.