Author Topic: Extreme pubic grooming does not increase the risk of a STI  (Read 840 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Extreme pubic grooming does not increase the risk of a STI
« on: September 05, 2019, 09:16:23 AM »
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0221303

Key points:

Female students at a large Midwestern university
Extreme pubic grooming is removal of all pubic hair at least weekly in the past 12 months or more than six times in the past 30 days
STI or not was confirmed by lab testing
Extreme pubic grooming was not a risk factor in developing gonorrhea or chlamydia.

So for the Midwestern male APS members: if the women are attending a large local university and have a Brazilian, have at it. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Extreme pubic grooming does not increase the risk of a STI
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28:54 PM »
Makes me wonder why G-d makes  us grow hair down there in the first place.  What's the adaptive advantage?

Beards on men I can sorta understand,since men go out there in the cold and freezing to do their hunting and gathering.

In the natural state (nekkid), the hair may form an early warning that something potentially dangerous is going on down there where the species is going to be reproduced, but that's about it, as far as I can figure.  So hey, G-d, what's up with that?

'Tis a puzzlement.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 11:09:20 PM »
Makes me wonder why G-d makes  us grow hair down there in the first place.  What's the adaptive advantage?

Beards on men I can sorta understand,since men go out there in the cold and freezing to do their hunting and gathering.

In the natural state (nekkid), the hair may form an early warning that something potentially dangerous is going on down there where the species is going to be reproduced, but that's about it, as far as I can figure.  So hey, G-d, what's up with that?

'Tis a puzzlement.

Terry, 230RN

[voice from on high] "What, are books and scientific journals no longer available down there on your spinning mudball? Did Google break, or somethin'?"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 11:27:51 PM »

In the natural state (nekkid), the hair may form an early warning that something potentially dangerous is going on down there where the species is going to be reproduced, but that's about it, as far as I can figure.  So hey, G-d, what's up with that?

'Tis a puzzlement.

Terry, 230RN

Had a bio professor who once said, in response to  a similar question,  that pubic hair acts as a sort of dry lubricant (his words) so coitus has less chaffing.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 06:08:20 AM »
"Extreme pubic grooming is removal of all pubic hair at least weekly in the past 12 months or more than six times in the past 30 days."

So I guess there are wymyn out there who don't like sex to be prickly.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:30:52 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 06:17:30 AM »
Had a bio professor who once said, in response to  a similar question,  that pubic hair acts as a sort of dry lubricant (his words) so coitus has less chaffing.

If you're doing it right...there's no chafing...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 02:37:47 PM »
It's obviously both anti-friction and also dissipate perspiration. Same function as underarm hair. I always thought that was obvious.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 11:13:30 AM »
It's obviously both anti-friction and also dissipate perspiration. Same function as underarm hair. I always thought that was obvious.

Also, on lady's, to keep funk out, like nose hair, and the natural ph in. That area only requires minimal, basic cleaning if your healthy. Over cleaning and leaving it exposed can actually lead to increased issues and funk.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds