Author Topic: 14 y/o was violently abducted and brutalized for 9 months  (Read 1407 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
14 y/o was violently abducted and brutalized for 9 months
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/abigail-hernandez-violently-abducted-lawyer-states/story?id=24961416

As might be expected of a family who's child was a victim of this kind of horrific crime, the family has attempted to retain some level of privacy while their daughter is home and recovering. However, due to the rash of trolls calling their child a whore for having the temerity to be kidnapped, the family's lawyer has released a statement.

I hope the poor child is able to get the love, support, and help she needs to recover fully. I hope the kidnapper is convicted and never leaves prison again.

"Abby was violently abducted by a stranger. For many months, she suffered numerous acts of unspeakable violence," attorney Michael Coyne said in a letter posted on the website dedicated to her search efforts. "Through her faith, fortitude and resilience, she is alive today and home with her family."

Coyne said that they decided to release the statement in an effort to dispel some of the speculation that has risen as a result of the tight-lipped investigation.

"Discussing the situation with Abby, the real concern is that there's been a lot of misinformation, there's been a lot of hurtful accusations and she's got enough to deal with presently physically and emotionally," Coyne said.

Police have been seen searching Kibby's mobile home in Gorham, New Hampshire, as well as a shipping container unit that was also found on his property. At an emergency hearing on Aug. 6, Associate Attorney General Jane Young told the court that the container was divided into three sections, one of which that she would not describe it publicly. Young did not immediately return calls for comment today.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:51:05 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: 14 y/o was violently abducted and brutalized for 9 months
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:28:40 AM »
Poor kid.  Hope she can find a reasonably normal life after all that.
Formerly sumpnz

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:07:57 AM »

I've never quite understood the urge to blame the victim and make assumptions of the victim's guilt. I can understand allowing for the possibility, but not the urge to assume without any supporting evidence. Is it empathy for evil, or just attempting to wish away evil? Either way, it is far from a good thing.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Speaking only for myself it is possible to let prior "less than optimal" adventures with the fairer sex to color ones outlook and perspective in a negative way. And that can manifest as off color or distasteful commentary. I usually give the benefit of the doubt with young ladies till they are at least 18
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 11:20:02 AM »
I've never quite understood the urge to blame the victim and make assumptions of the victim's guilt. I can understand allowing for the possibility, but not the urge to assume without any supporting evidence. Is it empathy for evil, or just attempting to wish away evil? Either way, it is far from a good thing.

It is neither,  just a coping strategy. People don't want to believe it can happen to them so they assume the victim must have done something to provoke or deserve it. Same thing with police brutality; people always tell themselves that the victim must have done something to justify the treatment.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:53 AM »
Speaking only for myself it is possible to let prior "less than optimal" adventures with the fairer sex to color ones outlook and perspective in a negative way.

They put out for everybody but you?

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
Had her lifeless body been found, I don't think there would be any speculation as to her involvement or blame attributed her.

When she returned after nine months, I had hoped she was merely an inconsiderate teen and that she was out learning some life lessons. I can't fathom the mind that would abuse someone like has apparently happened to her & didn't want to think about it.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »
It's like the gorram school shootings. Copycats. The obsessive news coverage itself spurs on the next person who's thinking/fantasizing about it.

There's been a number of high profile kidnapped girl/sex-slave cases lately.

I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
It's like the gorram school shootings. Copycats. The obsessive news coverage itself spurs on the next person who's thinking/fantasizing about it.

There's been a number of high profile kidnapped girl/sex-slave cases lately.

At least this this one didn't end up stuffed in a suitcase left on the side of the road...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
Hey,  leave my neighbor out of this.  :P
I promise not to duck.