Author Topic: Our Next President  (Read 1480 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Our Next President
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:24:38 AM »
Kamala Harris on pardons. Guess she really did get her law degree out of the cracker jack box. Regardless of what one thinks of Arpaio or if he should be pardoned, she, through whispering in Jerry Brown's ear, got a lot of loathsome and violent people out of CA prisons. I don't think we ever had a "pro-criminal" AG until she showed up. She actually actively worked to make things harder on the law abiding.

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/08/24/derp-former-ag-kamala-harris-gets-a-brutal-lesson-on-who-gets-pardons/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Our Next President
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:35:26 AM »
"Joe Arpaio was convicted because he committed a crime. He should not be pardoned."

I think this is another example of dog-pack reasoning.

"Joe Arpaio was convicted because he committed a crime."  (FACT)

"He should not be pardoned." (OPINION)

It need not be read as: "Since he is a criminal, he should not be pardoned."

OK?

I'm certainly not a defender of lefty stupidity, but I think maybe this is a case where Twitchyfolk are over-reacting because of "selective perception" and maybe the word count limitations of that medium.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
From Twitchy:
DERP! Um, don’t all criminals get pardons?

No.

Not all criminals get pardons.

:facepalm:
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »

I sincerely hope Mr Arpaio is not pardoned or commuted. He is a criminal who has been hiding behind a government job title for decades. Giving him a pardon would be ensuring the swamp gets deeper, rather than draining it. I'm no Trump supporter, but Mr Arpaio is exactly the kind of career bureaucrat and politician who has abused his position for far too long and retained it by buying people off with taxpayer dollars.

Granted, I'm also of the opinion that if the taxpayers are dumb enough to keep voting him into office, they deserve what they get. Unfortunately, people who don't vote for the guy tend to be the ones who have their civil rights violated. He is perhaps the most perfect "tyranny of the majority" current cautionary tale I'm aware of.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 11:09:25 AM »
 :facepalm:  Arpaio.... I use to like him ....then after all he'd done became apparent, I was forced to conclude "He is a criminal who has been hiding behind a government job title for decades," as RevDisk said, and he deserved what he got.
NO PARDON!   BAD BAD BAD BAD example for society!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
From Twitchy:
No.

Not all criminals get pardons.

:facepalm:

I'm pretty sure they meant to say that everyone who is pardoned is (legally speaking) a criminal; i.e., they've been convicted of a crime.

I think Harris is saying that she thinks pardons should be reserved for people that were wrongly convicted. She believes the Sheriff was truly guilty.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 01:50:44 PM »
I sincerely hope Mr Arpaio is not pardoned or commuted. He is a criminal who has been hiding behind a government job title for decades. Giving him a pardon would be ensuring the swamp gets deeper, rather than draining it. I'm no Trump supporter, but Mr Arpaio is exactly the kind of career bureaucrat and politician who has abused his position for far too long and retained it by buying people off with taxpayer dollars.

Granted, I'm also of the opinion that if the taxpayers are dumb enough to keep voting him into office, they deserve what they get. Unfortunately, people who don't vote for the guy tend to be the ones who have their civil rights violated. He is perhaps the most perfect "tyranny of the majority" current cautionary tale I'm aware of.

I concur.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 07:34:12 PM »
On Arpaio, from what I have read, he should not be pardoned. Perhaps there is other information not public, but from what I see, he should face his punishment.

On Harris, I'll give you non-Californians some slack for not wanting to tar and feather her. Not having lived with her policies, you likely aren't as "triggered" as me regarding how hypocritical she is being. Also she's a fascist.

Fistful - "wrongly" convicted for Harris means some special class robbed whitey. "Rightly" convicted would be a middle aged white guy with an AR15 without a bullet button.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »
"Rightly" convicted would be a middle aged white guy with an AR15 without a bullet button any firearm.

Fixed.

Senator Harris is a special combination of stupid and evil.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden