Author Topic: The Walk-Away movement  (Read 2153 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The Walk-Away movement
« on: June 30, 2018, 01:02:37 AM »
They claim thousands of Democrats and self-identified liberals are "Walking Away" from the Democratic Party.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/viral-walk-away-videos-highlight-growing-movement-of-democrats-leaving-the-party_2578446.html

“You know, listen, I’m a gay guy from New York City, but before that, I’m an American, I’m a patriot. I’m now an uncle.”

His assessment of the Democrats: “From immigration to everything, they are just a disaster.

They’re anti-American, anti-common sense, rational—anything good, they’re against it.

This is what I've come to believe about the Left over the past few years, but I rarely hear anyone else put it in the same terms.

“But it’s really the minorities in America who don’t feel like we have a choice. That’s what they keep telling us over and over: ‘You’re not safe on the right. They don’t want you on the right. They hate you on the right. You’re only safe with us. We are here to protect you.’

“Meanwhile, are you kidding me? You’re here to ‘protect’ me? All you are doing is use my fears to scare the [expletive] out of me—to terrify me and to try to manipulate the way that I vote.”
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: The Walk-Away movement
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 01:29:16 AM »
Corporatist 1% hacks at the top of the party. Vile, violent stormtroopers on the streets, a whiny gaggle of SJW cry-bullies and weaklings demanding ALL the attention and a compliant money and status grubbing phalanx of media members who will say anything have pushed out actual progressives.

Not to mention the Dems screwing Bernie over in such a public and unapologetic way has really chapped the hides of these people.

I bet if they really wanted to feel rage towards what the Dems have become they would look back on Obama and realize that in eight years he didn't prosecute a single banker for the looting they did during the financial crisis. Instead he cozied up to them. Use a gun to rob a bank of a couple of grand and go to jail for ten years. Run a bank and steal billions and the President will come stay at your house for the weekend.

And aside from the ACA, what did he and the Dems do that actually helped their nominal constituents? Despite that some people got insurance and it helped them, many others got screwed. And really the ACA was not for the little guys, it was designed to benefit some other folks.

I can't think of anything else that Obama and his people did that actually helped the worst-off, the marginalized, and the weak that they claim to care about.   

So why would these actual progressives stay? With any luck the top donkey-men will not realize care what's happening until it's too late.   
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 03:33:02 AM »

And aside from the ACA, what did he and the Dems do that actually helped their nominal constituents?   

Have you forgotten the Obamaphones?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »
https://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

You really should call them Bushphones, if you had to attach the name of a President to the SafeLink program.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 11:06:20 AM »

You really should call them Bushphones, if you had to attach the name of a President to the SafeLink program.

Perhaps, but I don't recall any videos of functionally illiterate welfare leaches bragging that "Obama gave me a smart phone."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 12:43:25 PM »

You really should call them Bushphones Reaganphones, if you had to attach the name of a President to the SafeLink program.

FTFY

bob

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »

Yeah, but Obamaphone has a nice *ring* to it!  </rimshot>  (runs and hides)
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »
I want to say, I feel like "walking away" from the republican party also.

Not because of "Republican" ideas- which I mostly support- but because the party appears to reject "its" own principles.  Obscene deficits, funding Planned Parenthood, defacto support of illegal immigration, no pro-gun legislation...

It appears rank and file democrats feel the same way about their party (and they should).

It appears the leaders of both parties have contempt for the voters.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 07:55:35 PM »
Republican does not equal fiscal conservative.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 09:07:54 PM »
Perhaps, but I don't recall any videos of functionally illiterate welfare leaches bragging that "Obama gave me a smart phone."

I think you meant Bush, not Obama.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 09:46:06 PM »
Quote from: Hawkmoon on Today at 09:06:20 AM:

I think you meant Bush, not Obama.

Agreed.  Threw me for a second.  Also: "leeches."  (No offense, Hawkmoon.)

The "Walkaway Movement..."   Felt that way myself.  I'm kind of a "Family Democrat," stayed registered that way, but rarely vote their way.  Tempted to add to the numbers who are rebelling over the childish shenanigans of the hyperjerkwads of the Party. 

But Bastille Day is coming up.  Might end up triggering more patriotism in the U.S. than "The Fourth Of July,"  occasionally called Independence Day by some.

REF:

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:41:21 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 10:28:16 AM »
Interesting "walk-away": Bloomberg holds a fundraiser for Peter King (in truth, a RINO, who I don't like because of his "safety over freedom" stance). Apparently due to that commie winning by a landslide in the Bronx.

In many ways he's strategically smart, because this new "Abolish profit, Abolish prisons, Abolish cash bail, Abolish borders" mantra is one of the best "Trump 2020" advertisements yet.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/07/01/mike-bloomberg-flip-flops-in-record-time-on-support-for-democratic-candidates/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 11:25:26 AM »
Interesting "walk-away": Bloomberg holds a fundraiser for Peter King (in truth, a RINO, who I don't like because of his "safety over freedom" stance). Apparently due to that commie winning by a landslide in the Bronx.

In many ways he's strategically smart, because this new "Abolish profit, Abolish prisons, Abolish cash bail, Abolish borders" mantra is one of the best "Trump 2020" advertisements yet.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/07/01/mike-bloomberg-flip-flops-in-record-time-on-support-for-democratic-candidates/
I kind of hope this turns into a big internal Democrat fight and they get caught up dealing with the intolerance they have helped create.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 06:20:30 AM »
Walk away...towards what/where?

What are their options?

So they come to the big tent of the Republicans and bring their left wing presuppitions of egalitarianism and moral relativism and finish off the GOP. The GOP that has already been fatally wounded by the neo-cons who turned it into the “just not so quickly progressive movement” with a side dish of invade the world and invite the world, including the pissed off survivors of countries we’ve “fundamentally transformed”.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 09:55:48 AM »
Walk away...towards what/where?

What are their options?

So they come to the big tent of the Republicans and bring their left wing presuppitions of egalitarianism and moral relativism and finish off the GOP. The GOP that has already been fatally wounded by the neo-cons who turned it into the “just not so quickly progressive movement”...

If they don't "walk away," then I guess their options are to reform their party, keep voting Democrat and say nothing, or just quit voting and say nothing.

If they "walk away," I guess they can quit voting, or choose to vote Republican, Libertarian, Green, or anything else.

Either way, I'm glad the Left is driving voters away from their political party.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 04:37:52 PM »
When your enemy is in the process of destroying himself, don't get in his way.  Good adage.  I salute all the Demotards who are doing a great job.  The RINOs are not far behind.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 05:57:18 PM »
The Walk-Aways will forget about all this in three weeks.  It is the way of social media powered mass movements these days.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 07:01:02 PM »
The Walk-Aways will forget about all this in three weeks.  It is the way of social media powered mass movements these days.

Baby steps.