Author Topic: Transgender is so yesterday. Meet the transabled.  (Read 7924 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Transgender is so yesterday. Meet the transabled.
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 04:36:27 PM »
Is this going to become another circumcision argument?

Hell if I know.  It will probably wind up an argument over using backyard-chicken eggs to make corn bread(1) in cast iron pans over an open fire fueled by floppy disks.

(1) Jiffy FTW.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 10:51:49 PM »

Angry Men Obsessively Slandering-Not-Approving Negro Dyed Yankees

Well-played there, Kingfish.   :lol:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 11:22:40 PM »
Whether or not we impose legal punishments on those who self-mutilate, or those who help them, the doctors responsible for such procedures should certainly lose their licenses, board certifications, etc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 07:43:24 AM »
Whether or not we impose legal punishments on those who self-mutilate, or those who help them, the doctors responsible for such procedures should certainly lose their licenses, board certifications, etc.

Would you be willing to back off a weensy bit and start with changing the laws that relate to how society reacts - both in determining who is a danger to themself and what society does to/for/about/with them?

IMHO if you do not you are just self-mutilating the mental health system (such as it is).

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 01:03:22 AM »
Would you be willing to back off a weensy bit and start with changing the laws that relate to how society reacts - both in determining who is a danger to themself and what society does to/for/about/with them?

IMHO if you do not you are just self-mutilating the mental health system (such as it is).

stay safe.

Not sure what you mean. Backing off of what, and what did you want to change?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 08:01:36 AM »

Not sure what you mean. Backing off of what, and what did you want to change?

Let's start with backing off from "the doctors responsible for such procedures should certainly lose their licenses, board certifications, etc." and then later look at working backward from there as regards your statement that is taken from.

I'm not the one who is trying to change the MH system.  You are the one that wants to get rid of the current approach - at least to the issue of self mutilation and what to do about people who do that.  So it would seem to be up to you to identify the changes you are looking for.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 08:33:42 AM »
Let's start with backing off from "the doctors responsible for such procedures should certainly lose their licenses, board certifications, etc." and then later look at working backward from there as regards your statement that is taken from.

I'm not the one who is trying to change the MH system.  You are the one that wants to get rid of the current approach - at least to the issue of self mutilation and what to do about people who do that.  So it would seem to be up to you to identify the changes you are looking for.

stay safe.

I would just expect health professionals to help mentally challenged folk to live safely within reality, rather than enable them to contradict reality to their own peril. To adapt to realities they may not like, rather than to adapt reality itself to their mental disorders. That is, if the patient is an able-bodied man who thinks he is disabled, that they should help him to understand the truth, rather than helping him conform to his delusion. The same, obviously, would go for patients who believe they're of another sex. I would also expect that anyone who encouraged or assisted with those sorts of medical procedures (sex changes, and the like) would be seen as clearly violating the Hippocratic oath, and whatever standards are set (or should be set) for the various licenses the state requires for said professionals. (Which is not to say that the state should require such licenses, but so long as it does...)

If anyone asks, just let them know that I propose these changes based on principles that should be obvious to anyone, and not on the basis of any professional credentials.  =)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 10:13:13 AM »
Can someone splain why gender identity issues are not considered delusions by the mental health establishment?  If someone thinks he's a woman, despite the obvious fact that he's a man, how does that not satisfy the dictionary definition of 'delusional'?

I can understand issues in the rare instances where there is genuine physical or genetic ambiguity about one's sex, but most of these cases are someone simply refusing to believe the truth when they look in the mirror.

The MHE recognizes all sorts of delusional tendencies, from literal delusional disorders to delusions as symptoms of other disorders.  Anorexia is a good example, the unshakeable but false belief that one is overweight and the resulting self-harm caused by that false belief.  How is transgenderism any different than anorexia as a diagnosable mental health issue?

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 10:32:34 AM »
Can someone splain why gender identity issues are not considered delusions by the mental health establishment?  If someone thinks he's a woman, despite the obvious fact that he's a man, how does that not satisfy the dictionary definition of 'delusional'?

Politics and sex.  And the politics of sex.  And fear of social opprobrium from one's peers.

See, back in the 1970s, the psych community got mobbed by the homosexual activist community and changed its entry on homosexuality in the DSM* based on political pressure and a vote.  Notice, you will not find "political pressure," "consensus," or "then take a vote," in the scientific method. 

The psych community has not gotten any better and bases many of its conclusions on the sooper-scientific concept of "zeitgeist."

This makes psychology about as "scientific" as "scientific materialism."  It also makes those familiar with real science laugh at them.

And do not forget the desire of folk to not be seen as uncool.  One way many do that is by being OK with nearly every sexual perversity.  Because to be otherwise is to be an uncool bluenose. 

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »
Upending the whole culture and requiring the Orwellian group think of denying biologic gender; all to cater to a percentage of 1% of the population is in a word, insane.

Genetics, hormonal issues at different stages of life, abuse and mental illness probably account for folks who experience gender confusion or ambiguity.

Let them be, as much as possible, but don't ignore reality in slavish devotion to what is really just leftist ideology attempting to deconstruct the culture of the western world.  

Transabled? That is so far down the rabbit hole I don't know what to think.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:29:37 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »
Upending the whole culture and requiring the Orwellian group think of denying biologic gender; all to cater to a percentage of 1% of the population is in a word, insane.

Welcome to modern society.

Transabled? That is so far down the rabbit hole I don't know what to think.

I'm pretty sure the rabbit has given up trying to figure it out at this point and just gone looking for a saner place to live.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 11:33:25 AM »
Welcome to modern society.

I'm pretty sure the rabbit has given up trying to figure it out at this point and just gone looking for a saner place to live.

The SJW/progressive playbook includes pushing more and more absurdity in large part because it is absurd.

Quote from: Theodore Dalrymple
In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate ....... and therefore,the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control.

"A society of emasculated liars" goes a long way to explain modern society.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
This makes psychology about as "scientific" as "scientific materialism."  It also makes those familiar with real science laugh at them.

I'm just waiting for them to declare the guy who thinks he's Napoleon to be a perfectly safe and sane transpersonalitite.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2015, 03:19:03 PM »
The SJW/progressive playbook includes pushing more and more absurdity in large part because it is absurd.

I see you've also read That Hideous Strength.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »
I see you've also read That Hideous Strength.

It's somewhat frightening the grasp that he had on the evil that exists in the human heart.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought