Author Topic: Tread on Me  (Read 726 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Tread on Me
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:04:03 AM »
Now the Gadsden flag is getting the Confederate flag treatment.

Good thing the complaint filer didn't work in my fed.gov office when I was still there. I had a Gadsden flag prominently displayed in my office.

Interesting, even the EEOC seems to admit that the flag is "non-racial" (whatever that means), but since some little buttercup decided it was racist to him, it now has to be racist to everyone.

The EEOC acknowledged that the flag did not originate with the Tea Party movement, and was created centuries ago “in a non-racial context.” However, the commission also found that the Gadsden Flag could be “interpreted to convey racially-tinged messages in some contexts,” citing as an example a 2014 shooting spree in which white supremacists draped Gadsden Flags over the bodies of two murdered police officers.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/05/federal-agency-says-wearing-dont-tread-on-me-hat-could-be-racial-harassment.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Tread on Me
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »
One would think that the "Don't Tread On Me" motto would have been embraced by oppressed peoples of any color, creed, or race.

One would think.

If one thinks at all.

Oh, wait...
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »
I resisted the urge to by a battle flag when that curfluffle went on. I think its time to buy a Gadsden flag or 2 or 3.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »
Ok, who wants to Photoshop in the Gadsden addition?

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 11:26:08 AM »
Since no one who thinks the Gadsden is racist has any idea what is represents and the Tea Party uses this flag and MSM said we  that the Tea Party is racist. Then, The Gadsden is racist..