Author Topic: Islamists training school shooters in the U.S....  (Read 2007 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Islamists training school shooters in the U.S....
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:14:13 AM »
...not a big deal, apparently.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/kids-in-desert-compound-trained-to-commit-school-shootings.html

A man who was arrested in New Mexico last week after police raided his squalid desert compound was training the 11 malnourished children found at the site to commit school shootings, prosecutors said in court documents this week.

Siraj Ibn Wahhaj was among five adults arrested just south of the Colorado border Friday. Police also found children ranging in age from 1 to 15, along with the remains of one child.

I heard about this on today's Three Martini Lunch podcast. According to the TML hosts, the establishment media has shown very little interest in this story.

The New York Times story on it, they said, was on page 14A (not sure if that's still relevant in the internet age). When I go to the NYT site, it's rather far down on the home page, though it is the top story on their "U.S." page.

If this is really being down-played by the legacy media (I wouldn't know), that's - um - interesting. So many juicy angles here: terrorism, school shootings, a compound, kids being starved to the point that one of them died. Front page stuff, right?

Also, very interesting that this comes out right after Alex Jones (king of the school shooting conspiracy-mongers) was de-platformed. And this was, by all accounts, a black-and-white, actual, factual school shooting conspiracy. I'm guessing it's probably not the kind of conspiracy Jones is talking about, but it was a conspiracy.

As I said, I wouldn't know if they're really down-playing the story. I don't have TV at home, and I'm not in the habit of regularly scanning legacy media websites for my news. But I haven't seen any threads about it here. That suggests it's not that big a story. And that you people don't listen to the Three Martini Lunch podcast.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Islamists training school shooters in the U.S....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:51:48 AM »
When I first read about this when it was first coming out, they buried the names of the people towards the bottom. Was focused on the missing kid and barely mentioned anything else.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:56:59 AM »
First report broke I thought it would be some what in the meth Freeman white people. Second report had the names and then Fox news went back to cute white girl missing near pig farm.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 04:35:28 AM »
Previously on "Stop that Terrorist !!"  The NYPD had been surveilling Daddy's mosque, because the saw them doing bad terrorist things, like running guns, etc.  But those champions of Alex Jones' Free Speech rights, the ALCU intervened.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/08/09/report-nypd-had-surveilled-mosque-connected-to-new-mexico-compound-but-aclu-intervened/

We are our own worst enemies. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 07:20:36 AM »
Previously on "Stop that Terrorist !!"  The NYPD had been surveilling Daddy's mosque, because the saw them doing bad terrorist things, like running guns, etc.  But those champions of Alex Jones' Free Speech rights, the ALCU intervened.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/08/09/report-nypd-had-surveilled-mosque-connected-to-new-mexico-compound-but-aclu-intervened/

We are our own worst enemies. 

"We"?

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 08:52:34 AM »
Imagine the news coverage if this was connected to one of those white nationalist groups.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 09:18:40 AM »
Imagine the news coverage if this was connected to one of those white nationalist groups.

I saw quite a few tweets, responding to the story, that were blaming Trump and the NRA (because the articles' titles specifically left out the "Radical Muslim" part).

Funny how that all died off immediately.

Edit to add some sampling of the kneejerk libs: https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/08/08/go-figure-ap-leaves-something-mighty-important-out-of-these-tweets-about-n-m-child-abuse-bust/
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 09:20:05 AM »
I'm surprised that this showed up on broadcast news at all, it destroys several narratives.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 09:29:27 AM »
Not sure what the articles have mentioned.  I heard they were squatting on the land and the owners had been trying to get them removed.  This link indicates one of the adults may have owned land, but the location of the compound was in dispute.  Odd.
http://www.fox26houston.com/news/prosecutors-man-was-training-kids-for-school-attacks

Also, the in guy in charge is the son of a guy connected to one of the World Trade Center attacks.  
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/siraj-wahhaj-arrested-amalia-new-mexico-father-imam-possible-link-1993-world-trade-center-bombing-court-documents/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »
Oh look, there is a link to Linda Sarsour:

Children of Linda Sarsour’s mentor arrested for terrorist training camp in New Mexico

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/children-of-linda-sarsours-mentor-arrested-for-terrorist-training-camp-in-new-mexico/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 10:51:00 AM »
At least they weren't keeping children in cages, amirite?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »
Close this thread down!  Nothing to see here!  You racists!!  Move along!
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 10:52:07 AM »
http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/29/horrifying-things-medias-not-showing-new-mexico-terrorist-compound/

Inexplicably, though, the mainstream media has moved on from this story or, in the case of CNN, has decided that terrorists-in-training make for an interesting personal-interest story.

Tweeting its article under the caption “New Mexico compound family struggled with life off the grid,” CNN linked to its sympathetic profile of the Wahhaj family living in the rural southwest. Rather than detail the circumstances surrounding the raid and the arrests of the siblings and their spouses, CNN instead painted a touching portrait of the parental figures.

“One of the men tenderly wiped the nose of a crying child,” a local resident who saw the group during a rare outing to the city told CNN. Sure, the defendants are accused of training their children to shoot up schools, CNN noted in passing, but locals’ real fear is “that the publicity around a case infused with allegations of terrorism, children abuse and faith healing might contribute to a rise in racism and Islamophobia.”

Compare this to the hate-fest "town hall" CNN set up for Dana Loesch, who does NOT train children to murder their classmates, and has NOT killed a 3-year-old.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »
and in the latest,
a judge dropped all charges against 3 of the Mooslum extremists because the state failed to file probable cause within 10 days.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 03:54:11 PM »
and in the latest,
a judge dropped all charges against 3 of the Mooslum extremists because the state failed to file probable cause within 10 days.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2018-08-29/new-mexico-judges-weigh-dangerousness-of-compound-defendants
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »
and in the latest,
A quick read says that was just for the child neglect charge.  They will still go for charges over the dead child and the terrorism plot.

They were due in court Wednesday on charges of child abuse resulting in death, which could carry life sentences in connection with the death of Abdul-ghani Wahhaj. The severely disabled boy's badly decomposed remains were found this month inside a tunnel at the high-desert compound near the Colorado state line.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:12 PM »
 Not for nothing, but if state law says they needed to provide evidence or maybe it’s justification for the charges within 10 days then the prosecutor screwed up. I don’t like it either for this case, but the judge is following the law and I can’t say I really disagree with the law in general. The charges can apparently be brought again, not dismissed with prejudice or whatever the actual real legal term is.