Author Topic: Dumbass Award  (Read 6027 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Dumbass Award
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Dumbass Award
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 01:01:20 AM »
It says he plans to sell it to pay off bills & get his wife another car.
Now I wonder how much he might get for a slightly used, wrecked & repaired Lamborghini?
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 01:21:59 AM »
Now I wonder how much he might get for a slightly used, wrecked & repaired Lamborghini?

He could probably buy his wife a new car and get a new house for the cost of the repairs. Numbnuts.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:40:11 AM »
So, he gets to pay a massive income tax bill on a car that now has to be repaired before it is even driveable?  :facepalm:
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 01:45:42 AM »
It's not quite the same thing, but I wanted a Jag XKE ever since they came out in '61. In 1969, one of the kids from the wealthy part of our suburb got a new XKE for graduation. He got drunk and wrapped it around a tree within a week.

I hated that kid.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
Fed taxes on a $380,000 Lambo will probably be something over $100k - and he's going to have to pay them on the new-car value; it's probably irrelevant to the taxman that he banged it up a couple of hours later. (He thinks a holed oil pan and a few wrinkled fenders will be cheap to repair . . . on a Lamborghini? Done right, I'll guess at a minumum it will run well into 5 figures. Wonder if he had arranged for insurance . . . )

Had I won the car, I would've tried to provide for its sale before I took delivery.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:51:04 AM »
Had I won the car, I would've tried to provide for its sale before I took delivery.

True dat.  This story reminds me of the depressingly common stories in our local media: young service member returns from sea or land deployment, goes to local motorcycle dealer and buys a 1-2 liter sportbike, having never ridden before, and wraps it around a light pole about two miles away from the dealer.  This is why all of our local military commands have started requiring completion of a MSF course before you can ride your bike onto base.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
He said he was taking friends and family on joy rides that evening on the outskirts of town. He said he took a curve at 40 or 50 mph when the vehicle hit ice or loose gravel and started spinning.

Given this vehicle's stellar reputation for handling, this guy was plain stoopid.
What a tool!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
Wait. All this time I've gone unrecognized, and there's an award for being dumb?

I've been working pro bonehead.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 12:27:37 PM »
pro bonehead.

That just means you're getting paid for it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 09:32:28 PM »
Hey! Lighten up! After all, a lambo handles a little diferently than an F-250 w/12" lift & mudders!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Lee

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 10:23:03 PM »
Especially with Italian nitrogen in the tires.  One might have blown up.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
Especially with Italian nitrogen in the tires.  One might have blown up.

I thought it was German nitrogen.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 11:33:03 PM »
German nitrogen is heavier. Everything German is heavier because of the beer.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 12:07:15 AM »
German nitrogen is heavier. Everything German is heavier because of the beer.

Germans put beer in their nitrogen??   [tinfoil] :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »
Germans put beer in their nitrogen??   [tinfoil] :O

Well, the Irish put nitrogen in their beer...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »
IMO, he is a dumbass for not setting up the sale before he even took ownership.  You could buy 2 or 3 really nicely decked out new cars and a house for the price of that thing.  

However, there was this little tidbit.  
The vehicle is insured.
If it is fully insured, he might come out of this okay.  I was wondering about insurance when I started reading the thread.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »
Given this vehicle's stellar reputation for handling, this guy was plain stoopid.
What a tool!

No gravel, he stepped on the gas in the turn. All well and good as long as you know what 600hp and RWD is going to do when you gas it up with the car out of line. He found out.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
No gravel, he stepped on the gas in the turn. All well and good as long as you know what 600hp and RWD is going to do when you gas it up with the car out of line. He found out.
Sounds like that is the kind of performance car you really need some training on before you take it on the road.  Sort of like some of those motorcycles.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Fortunately for him, the article says "The vehicle is insured."
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Fortunately for him, the article says "The vehicle is insured."

I'd guess that the annual premium could buy you a pretty nice car.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin