Author Topic: Sheila Jackson Lee praises Dick's (and wants you to turn in your guns)  (Read 1396 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Be a part of the solution, turn in your guns. After all, Dick's is part of the solution. This endorsement should really boost their sales numbers after this settle down a little bit, ya think?  ;/   ;) 

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/273753-house-dem-calls-on-people-to-turn-in-your-guns

bob

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Sheila Jackson Lee praises Dick's (and wants you to turn in your guns)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »
Oh, the Ku Klux Klan would love to see blacks turn in their guns. The Klan is still alive, but there would be a lot of blacks who wouldn't be when the Klan was finished with them. How nice of Ms. Lee to lend the Klan a hand.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Oh, the Ku Klux Klan would love to see blacks turn in their guns. The Klan is still alive, but there would be a lot of blacks who wouldn't be when the Klan was finished with them. How nice of Ms. Lee to lend the Klan a hand.

Oh, come now. You know our responsive and caring government would never allow that to happen. ;/

Wait a minute.  :O

Excuse me....

[barf]

Sorry.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
I always wondered if there was anything illegal with running a personal gun turn in ad ( I'm in Ohio). I would gladly give the the keepers a new home. It's a win/win. There's no law here to prevent it that I'm aware of.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:15 PM »
I always wondered if there was anything illegal with running a personal gun turn in ad ( I'm in Ohio). I would gladly give the the keepers a new home. It's a win/win. There's no law here to prevent it that I'm aware of.

Holy crap, that is a brilliant idea!  "Responsible {fill in the blank} will safety dispose of (someday) your 'dangerous evil weapons', I will even donate money to charity in your name for each weapon!"

Lee

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:23 PM »
Until recently, I never thought anyone would respond to a silly offer like that.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 11:42:51 PM »
 :laugh:  You have to wonder if Cabela's or some other competitor paid her to endorse Dick's like that.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »
I guess a joke about turning in my ammunition at 3000 feet per second would not be appropriate.   =|
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 04:58:14 PM »
I guess a joke about turning in my ammunition at 3000 feet per second would not be appropriate.   =|

Depends on to whom you were planning on turning it in .  (Lots of discussion on "credible threat" vs. hyperbole and boasting/posturing over the last few days.  Unfortunately, it seems the folks who need to understand the differences are not not reading anything.)

stay safe.

PS - I have learned that is is easier to maintain a  list of those to whom you would not want to turn in your ammo. =D
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.