Author Topic: Shame On Feinstein  (Read 1182 times)

drewtam

• friend
Shame On Feinstein
« on: December 18, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »
Feinstein is taking heat for defending the NSA eavesdropping and data collection, and farting in the general direction of the 4th amendment.

I'm sure there is no love lost for her on this board.

Here's the petition. It is focused specifically on California residents. Please spread around as necessary.
https://www.shameonfeinstein.org/
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Shame On Feinstein
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »
I'm not sure the concept of shame intersects in any way with the moral universe of the Democratic Party.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
I'm not sure the concept of shame intersects in any way with the moral universe of the Democratic Party.  =|

Heck, in some circles of the DNC lack of a moral compass counts as an enhancement to your resume.  

If this has been under GWB admin, she would have been screaming bloody murder, pulling her hair out and pulling the righteous indignation card.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:05:23 PM by Gowen »
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 12:18:07 PM »
When "people" have been holding office for too long they start to view themselves as "Teh Gov"... so, in turn, they understand that diminishing Rights for the subjects and increasing government scope and power is empowering themselves. Naurally they will defend anything that goes toward that objective.

What ever happened to the concept of term limits?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 06:52:25 PM »
When "people" have been holding office for too long they start to view themselves as "Teh Gov"... so, in turn, they understand that diminishing Rights for the subjects and increasing government scope and power is empowering themselves. Naurally they will defend anything that goes toward that objective.

What ever happened to the concept of term limits?

???  Term limits have only recently been added to our national constitution. As you state, "Teh Gov" isn't going to do anything that limits their powers. Presidential term limits were much easier to achieve, because few had any realistic hope of attaining to that office, and two terms was already traditional.

So that's what happened to it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »
We do have term limits, they are called elections.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »
We do have term limits, they are called elections.

As much as I would like to term limit a whole bunch of Dems and Pubs, I can't philosophically justify them myself.

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G