Author Topic: Getting kids to listen crossing the street...  (Read 8383 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Getting kids to listen crossing the street...
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 08:29:48 PM »
funny how those beating are memorable. i got one the summer of 65 for calling my adult neighbor by his first name. a mistake i never made again
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 08:27:04 PM »
my older sister was beaten for smoking ciggs, today she is on life support and expected to die soon.
her beatings did nothing but teach her to beat her own kids, who refuse to even visit her.
she is dying od cpd or cpod...whatever its called, how come she is dying from her cigg smoking if spanking/beatings works so well?

beating children is abhorrent, most people can't see it, they couldn't understand the Abolitionist either....its a common worldview.
children have no real rights and are not articulate or smart enough to address the issue and neither are 99% of adults.
I'm not only Pro-Life, I'm pro human rights too
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »
I think spanking helped me. It certainly helped my brother.

I love my dad all the more for correcting me.

Josh Aston

• Future President of Texas
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 02:02:49 PM »
beating children is abhorrent, most people can't see it, they couldn't understand the Abolitionist either....its a common worldview.

Beating a kid and correctively spanking them aren't anywhere near the same thing.
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Aston for POTUS Republic of Texas - 2016