Author Topic: Anyone had injections for back pain?  (Read 8391 times)

Lee

• friend
Re: Anyone had injections for back pain?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 09:34:55 PM »
Keep up on the PT regardless  - core in particular.  I'm hit and miss on the PT and tend to do even less when the back gets worse...which turns into a bad downward spiral.  Let us know how the shot works for ya.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »
i know i'm late, but i'm going to go ahead and add this.

over time, and multiple ejections. cortisone shots, can be very bad things. might want to do some reading before going back to many times. [tinfoil]

here's a good start.

and, no, i'm not saying that cortisone shots are evil. just that prolonged use is no better than any other drug, and some of the other choices are less damaging. :laugh:

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 11:15:52 PM »
here's a good start.

Read the link as I've had a couple of 'em now.

Is it just me, or is it kind of hilarious that in there among the infection-ridden, necrotizey, bone-crumbly, tendon-rupturey joy of cortisone overuse they always list "excessive whitening of the skin at the injection site" as a serious side effect?  Seriously?  Personally, I've already got a half-dozen surgical scars in the area, but it seems to me even if one had pristinely perfect skin nigh unto a baby's posterior, debilitating pain and inflammation would probably be more important than a patch of extra-light skin.  So much so that it doesn't seem entirely credible to call it a "serious side-effect"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 09:13:44 AM »
Read the link as I've had a couple of 'em now.

Is it just me, or is it kind of hilarious that in there among the infection-ridden, necrotizey, bone-crumbly, tendon-rupturey joy of cortisone overuse they always list "excessive whitening of the skin at the injection site" as a serious side effect?  Seriously?  Personally, I've already got a half-dozen surgical scars in the area, but it seems to me even if one had pristinely perfect skin nigh unto a baby's posterior, debilitating pain and inflammation would probably be more important than a patch of extra-light skin.  So much so that it doesn't seem entirely credible to call it a "serious side-effect"

Having worked up a couple of malpractice claims on this very issue, it can be a very big deal for some patients if you are dark-skinned, and the depigmented area is routinely visible; i.e.: not covered by clothing or is visible in your bikini or swim suit.  One of the claims I denied and the other I paid a nominal settlement.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.