Author Topic: So, it's after 6pm EDT on May 21, 2011 and I'm still here?  (Read 8366 times)

P5 Guy

Re: So, it's after 6pm EDT on May 21, 2011 and I'm still here?
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2011, 07:27:07 PM »
H hour plus 26 and no empty graves? Must all be sinners around the Tampa Bay or BOLTS fans [popcorn]

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »
We actually have a considerable amount of water flowing down our normally dry creek.  There is even a waterfall!   :cool:

This is a bigger event than the rapture would have been  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rapture-predictor-harold-camping-says-191707
More serious takes on the matter also populated the Internet and airwaves. Syndicated radio talker and columnist Dennis Prager, for example, wrote Tuesday that Camping’s religious prophecy of doom was no more ridiculous than similar secular ones, like when the United Nations predicted six years ago there would be 50 million global-warming refugees by 2010.

Good point, and add Y2K to that list.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »
Seems that this clown has claimed that the rapture did take place on Saturday, as he claimed, but that it was invisible.

He now claims that the resulting tribulation will take place on November 21, 2011, and that the earth will be destroyed in fire.

Sadly, this will allow more time for his brainwashed followers to give him even more money.

It would be very entertaining seeing him trying to explain all of this garbage when he hits the pearly gates, just prior to heading South very quickly.

He is a scumbag, a liar, a false prophet. He will get his.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 09:52:34 PM »
the earth will be destroyed in fire

More global warming BS  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »
I don't know why so many ppl are hung up on predicting exactly when the world will end.  For a lot of folks, it did end on May 21 (just like people die unexpectedly any other day.)

"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2011, 04:39:50 AM »
Seems that this clown has claimed that the rapture did take place on Saturday, as he claimed, but that it was invisible.

He now claims that the resulting tribulation will take place on November 21, 2011, and that the earth will be destroyed in fire.

Sadly, this will allow more time for his brainwashed followers to give him even more money.

It would be very entertaining seeing him trying to explain all of this garbage when he hits the pearly gates, just prior to heading South very quickly.

He is a scumbag, a liar, a false prophet. He will get his.

He'll likely be bunking with Oral Roberts. =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2011, 07:03:10 AM »
He'll likely be bunking with Oral Roberts.
Isn't he the clown who needed $6 million, or 'the Lord will take me home'?

Yea, there will be room for both of them - "Oral, stick a fork in him and see if he is done"...
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2011, 08:34:22 AM »

Cute.  Real, or Photochop?  (It has the "look" of a PS-ed picture.)

---------------edit to add----------------

Real.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-nc-man-billboard-110523,0,300126.story
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:49:13 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2011, 09:08:24 AM »
^^^

Wow. I saw that a few days ago somewhere else on the internet, and just assumed it was a 'chop.

ETA: That one above still might be. Look at the picture in the linked news story. The orange and black background of the billboard in the news article is shaped significantly differently.
Andy

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »
Isn't he the clown who needed $6 million, or 'the Lord will take me home'?

Yea, there will be room for both of them - "Oral, stick a fork in him and see if he is done"...

Among other things.

My personal disdain for the man and his organization goes back quite a bit earlier than that stunt.
My grandmother was a devoted follower of his. She made regular donations (Love offerings).
After she died the love offerings stopped, grandpa wasn't having any of it.
After a bit the "reminders" started coming in the mail.
After the first few were ignored the mailed and telephoned threats of eternal damnation started coming.
One suggestion of having the nasty letters published in a few local newspapers put a stop to it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
I have met more secular predictors of Armageddon in our lifetimes (or otherwise REAL SOON) than I have their religious analogs.

At least the latest false prophet  isn't trying to wrangle tax dollars or make me take public transpo.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton