Author Topic: The dimentia of bush supporters  (Read 3435 times)

Buck Naked

The dimentia of bush supporters
« on: September 14, 2006, 12:02:12 AM »
These people are denial queens of an amazing sort.

They've abandoned their principles of small government (if they ever really had them) in favor of full blown government loyalism which they call "patriotism."

In their world, everyone who doesn't support bush MUST be a "liberal" and they are clueless that the term "liberal" has absolutely no meaning anymore, just like "conservative" lost all meaning the minute these frauds who call themselves "neo cons" hijacked what TRADITIONAL conservatives had spent decades building.

In their world, anyone who doesn't support the pathological liar in chief MUST therefore be a democrat.

In their world, anyone who sees the quagmire for what it IS, must therefore be a liberal, a democrat, a traitor, and someone who thinks "terrorists will just go away."

These people will tell you with a STRAIGHT face that we need a new law throwing people in jail for burning the now sacred american flag (what it STOOD for is what USED to be sacred, but now the SYMBOL is all that supposed "conservatives" care about).

If you ask "conservatives" what we are accomplishing in Iraq, they change the subject, call you a "lib" and walk away.

Top lies of the "neo cons":

Saddam was a gathering threat
We defeated the Taliban
Mission accomplished
Saddam is seeking yellow cake in Niger
We are engaged in a "war on terror" (total nonsense because you cannot fight a concept)
We (the neo cons) want to spread democracy to the middle east (opium and warlords are the "democracy" in afghanistan)
The "patriot" act would have prevented 9/11 (it's admitted that the U.S. government was tracking and following the hijackers for MONTHS prior to 9/11)

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 12:52:25 AM »
Saddam was a gathering threat - he was...if you can't see that, you are blind
We defeated the Taliban - we essentially dismembered them..now they are realigning..happens
Mission accomplished - no...end of major combat operations is what I heard
Saddam is seeking yellow cake in Niger - don't know about this but he probably was
We are engaged in a "war on terror" (total nonsense because you cannot fight a concept) - okay...what do you call it then
We (the neo cons) want to spread democracy to the middle east (opium and warlords are the "democracy" in afghanistan) - hummph...nobody ever complained of this notion until now...funny how that is
The "patriot" act would have prevented 9/11 (it's admitted that the U.S. government was tracking and following the hijackers for MONTHS prior to 9/11) - this I agree with you on.  We didn't need the PATRIOT Act to allow the government to do the job it should have been doing all along.  A bunch of folks fell asleep at the wheel going all the way back to Jimmy Carter.

All that said, I have all but given up on this, and any other, administration.  My belief in our way of government has been corrupted.  This isn't working and it's high time for a change.  A BIG change.

Greg

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:50:08 AM »
Go home open carry.

The rest of you, don't feed the troll.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:26:12 AM »
Its hard to take seriously someone who can't spell words correctly in the thread title.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 02:32:34 AM »
Yawn!
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 02:52:10 AM »
Hi Masterpiece Arms!! :-D

Chris

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 02:58:35 AM »
What's with the new moniker chris?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:05:11 AM »
Quote from: 280plus
What's with the new moniker chris?
I'm in class all this week and don't feel like logging in from strange computers.  I'm taking advantage of the "guest" feature. Smiley

Class is 10-12hrs a day all this week.  My brain hurts.

Chris

280plus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 03:09:39 AM »
Cool, What courses?

10-12 hours? Wow, I'd have a headache too. Take 2 shots of tequila and email me in the morning. Cheesy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 03:10:15 AM »
Winston, until he is booted off, can I just kick him around?  Please?

Quote from: MasterpieceArms.com
These people will tell you with a STRAIGHT face that we need a new law throwing people in jail for burning the now sacred american flag (what it STOOD for is what USED to be sacred, but now the SYMBOL is all that supposed "conservatives" care about).
That's funny.  I "support" Bush, generally.  I voted for him twice.  But I've always been opposed to a law on flag-burning.  Very strange.

Also funny that I'm not a neo-conservative, but I agree with these "lies."

Saddam was a gathering threat - that is a dirty lie.  He was already a clear threat.

We defeated the Taliban - True.

Mission accomplished - True.

Saddam is seeking yellow cake in Niger - Also true, but if it makes you feel better, Bush was wrong to apologize for the "sixteen words."

We are engaged in a "war on terror" (total nonsense because you cannot fight a concept)
You'd rather he say, "Warfare and legal action against Islamic radicals who use terrorism"?

We (the neo cons) want to spread democracy to the middle east (opium and warlords are the "democracy" in afghanistan) - So, they don't want democracy in the Middle East?  How do you know?  

The "patriot" act would have prevented 9/11 (it's admitted that the U.S. government was tracking and following the hijackers for MONTHS prior to 9/11) - When and where have "neo-cons" claimed that?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 03:45:47 AM »
I cast Bush ballots twice - reluctantly.

The first time I was voting against environut Algor.

The second time I was voting against gigolo & admitted war criminal Kerry.

Doesn't mean I like Bush, and even though the lesser of two evils is still evil, the alternatives would be worse. I still think that holds, even in hindsight.

Actually, I think Bush and the GOP have blundered on more important issues than Iraq, where the problem is more one of PC-driven execution rather than the goals being pursued . . . .specifically on government spending (way, WAY too much increase there) and illegal immigration (Worsening the problem, rather than solving it.)

The Dems, rather than taking advantage of this by running more moderate candidates, have responded by moving even FARTHER to the left . . . this will make it more difficult to capitalize on GOP vulnerabilities.

Looking ahead, and eyeballing the likely candidates of both parties, I'll make this prediction about the next Presidential election: Nothing good will come of it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 03:51:29 AM »
Quote from: 280plus
Cool, What courses?

10-12 hours? Wow, I'd have a headache too. Take 2 shots of tequila and email me in the morning. Cheesy
CCNA Bootcamp.  I leave home at 6am and get home around 8pm or even later.

Chris

280plus

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 04:09:55 AM »
Yowch!

I hope CCNA has nothing to do with alcohol rehab. Seeing how I just told you to take two shots of tequila. shocked

Cheesy

client32

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 04:10:31 AM »
Quote from: mtnbkrInClass
CCNA Bootcamp.
Good luck.  Are you going to drudge on to a CCNP or CCSP?

I need to go and get a CCNA.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 04:45:05 AM »
Quote from: client32
CCNA Bootcamp.

Depends on where I go career-wise.  I don't plan on doing "hands on" networking for the rest of my life.  I actually find myself more interested in overall security related topics, including site security.  Therefore, my immediate plans after CCNA is to go for my CISSP.  I'm not ruling out the CCNP, it's just not my longterm plan.

I don't even need the CCNA for what I do now, but as a "network engineer", nobody takes you seriously without a bunch of certs, regardless of your experience.   I have most of the knowlege to get the CCNA without the class, but I needed the class to fill in the blanks on things like switching (knew the concepts, but not the commands).

Chris

client32

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 08:15:06 AM »
Quote from: client32
CCNA Bootcamp.

Depends on where I go career-wise.  I don't plan on doing "hands on" networking for the rest of my life.  I actually find myself more interested in overall security related topics, including site security.  Therefore, my immediate plans after CCNA is to go for my CISSP.  I'm not ruling out the CCNP, it's just not my longterm plan.

I don't even need the CCNA for what I do now, but as a "network engineer", nobody takes you seriously without a bunch of certs, regardless of your experience.   I have most of the knowlege to get the CCNA without the class, but I needed the class to fill in the blanks on things like switching (knew the concepts, but not the commands).

Chris
I'm there with you.  I guess I am in security now, but I still like the networking side of things.  From what I've been hearing CCSP is pretty good to have.  The world is still powered by Cisco.
I have a book to study for the CISSP, I wish I could take the class but it just too much money.

Now I'm going to plug the college I went to.  James Madison University has a master's program in Information Security.  You could get the knowledge elsewhere, but it was a good choice for me.  They are kind are part of some programs created by the NSA and completing the program will get you some certifications.  Right now the websight just lists two, but we keep hearing that they are going to be complient with 5.  Anyways, I think it is a good program: www.infosec.jmu.edu
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 08:43:39 AM »
Alright, we have our very own stalker-troll!

I wonder if he shares an ip address with any other registered members Smiley

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 08:46:59 AM »
Dementia.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 08:59:27 AM »
Wow, the wind really started picking up here right now. But it's been warm, so the cooling breeze is kinda nice. I'm pretty ready for Summer to be over.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 09:01:23 AM »
Just remember that republicans are eeevilll, and you should vote for anyone but a republican.

I know this because this is what I keep hearing from our media. It seems to be the major talking point of a certain party which cannot itself field any viable candidates.
Blog under construction

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 09:17:24 AM »
I like pie.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 09:43:27 AM »
A la mode, or just the pie?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 09:44:30 AM »
Quote from: fistful
A la mode, or just the pie?
Does it matter? It's SUGAR!! Cheesy
Andy

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 09:47:08 AM »
I like pie, but I never ruin good Butterfinger Ice Cream with any ol' pie...
Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.