Author Topic: NYPD is really the FBI  (Read 5388 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
NYPD is really the FBI
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:00:42 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/confused-911-caller-outs-nypd-spying-nj-084732106.html

once again the long arm of the nypd extends beyond its limits.  on aroutine inspection, a  NJ building super finds one apartment with almost nothing but nypd police radios.  he reports this to the local police as he thinks it suspicious.  turns out the NYPD is conducting surveilence of muslim groups outside of the city (and state) borders.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: NYPD is really the FBI
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
I'm still waiting for a jurisdiction to arrest a few NYPD cops doing this for impersonating a police officer.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
Deja vu? Is this a new case or a rerun of old news, because I swear I heard this before...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
Deja vu? Is this a new case or a rerun of old news, because I swear I heard this before...

AP sued and got more information. What the story doesn't mention is CIA advisers were assisting the NYPD. Which violates quite a few laws.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:40:40 AM »
AP sued and got more information. What the story doesn't mention is CIA advisers were assisting the NYPD. Which violates quite a few laws.
Call Eric Holder!!!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »
Well, this makes perfect sense.  There's Americans... and then there's New Yorkers.  As in city-folk, not the rest of the lot.

A New York building is worth any 3 States.

A New Yorker's life is worth the same as those of an entire town, west of the Mississippi.

It just stands to reason that the NYPD work hand in hand with the rest of its peer special forces agencies. ;/
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »
I was born in NYC many years ago, and have not been there for a long time.

Bloomie disgusts me as a mayor, and is one of the biggest hypocrites that I have ever seen.

His Storm Troopers of the NYPD are ridiculous, and not needed.

I find his anti-gun stance laughable  with all of the armament he loads this department with.

NYPD is truly an example of what life in controlled Hell would be like.

Stop and Frisk my *expletive deleted*ss....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
The "funny" thing is that a few years back I wrote a novel about a secret division of DHS, called Domestic Affairs Division or DAD.  It had secret safe houses and everything.

Too late to publish it now, I guess  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »
If new Yorkers are ok with wasting their money....fine.  I highly doubt the NYPD could be operating like this without the host state's approval.
What bothers me is that NYC receives boocoo federal anti terror funds.  We are subsidizing this behavior. If we could cut federal funding for all this crap Bloomberg would have to turn people upside down and shake the change from their pockets.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
If new Yorkers are ok with wasting their money....fine.  I highly doubt the NYPD could be operating like this without the host state's approval.

Normally I would agree, but I seem to remember reading about several instances where NYPD was doing something clandestine in other states. At least once for Bloomberg's gun control, and then for some other stuff - maybe "terrorism"?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 09:03:27 PM »
Normally I would agree, but I seem to remember reading about several instances where NYPD was doing something clandestine in other states. At least once for Bloomberg's gun control, and then for some other stuff - maybe "terrorism"?

When caught they should be charged with it. Shame on the states for "professional courtesy".
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »
they had permission  sorta
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 05:06:00 AM »
The "funny" thing is that a few years back I wrote a novel about a secret division of DHS, called Domestic Affairs Division or DAD.  It had secret safe houses and everything.

Too late to publish it now, I guess  :facepalm:

sounds like perfect timing

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »
sounds like perfect timing

I dunno ... back then it would have been "tinfoil" and today it would be "not original"

You can't win  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »
I think this gives you a good foundation in reality for that novel, you can base it of such real events as this, and extrapolate from it, what it will be like in coming years. We all know it's going to get bad, you show us just how bad.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »

Some PA sheriffs has stated they will arrest the NYPD for illegal behavior. Due to the structure of our state and our traditions, the State cannot overrule said arrests. Our politicians aren't happy with the NYPD doing illegal straw purchases, and if they are conducting illegal wiretapping...  Yep. If they're lucky, they get arrested by the State Police. If they're unlucky, they get arrested by a county sheriff. I'd prefer the arrest was done by our 56th Stryker Brigade.

From what I understand, they vastly understated their activity to NJ. When they were caught, the full extent of their activities were relieved and Cristie was not happy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
I think this gives you a good foundation in reality for that novel, you can base it of such real events as this, and extrapolate from it, what it will be like in coming years. We all know it's going to get bad, you show us just how bad.

orwell did that once,  and it's getting worse than he imagined.  i don't think anyone at that time would have believed it.   is this one of those "life imitating art" moments?  

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »
orwell did that once,  and it's getting worse than he imagined.  i don't think anyone at that time would have believed it.   is this one of those "life imitating art" moments?  

And Ayn Rand.  And Matthew Bracken.  And John Ross.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
When caught they should be charged with it. Shame on the states for "professional courtesy".

More like professional collusion.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »
Remember the case of the NJ cops speeding home with lights and sirens after Katrina? Some VA sheriff made them stop.
Supposedly most of the other agencies drove home around the speed limit.
Some good left. Barely.
JD

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?