Author Topic: Vigilantes fighting back in Mexico Drug War  (Read 1418 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Vigilantes fighting back in Mexico Drug War
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »
http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2009/01/20/vigilantes-appear-to-be-fighting-back-in-mexico-drug-war/

A little vigilante justice will get a lot more done than the War on Drugs, I think.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Vigilantes fighting back in Mexico Drug War
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:20:43 PM »
My comment is awaiting moderation. :angel:

God bless the vigilantes.

When criminals run unchecked and the local law enforcement is impotent along with the federal agencies, all that is left is the People to put together a decent society again. “Tree of Liberty” and all that.

I hope they water that tree plenty. Mexico needs it.

See if they allow that to be posted following the article.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:26:15 PM »
I guess the main problem is how to know if this isn't just another gang operating under the guise of being vigilantes..
I promise not to duck.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:28:18 PM »
Good point.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »
It'd be real interesting to get a few old crusty prairie dog shooters down there...

Blog under construction

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 02:09:07 PM »
See if they allow that to be posted following the article.

It's up.  Of course, post #1 is even more inflammatory(if you could call it that).

I've always said that effective police work is the best way to prevent vigilantism from popping up.  People tend to not take the law into their own hands when they think the police are doing a decent job.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 02:11:42 PM »
If it really is vigiliates (in the traditional sense) operating down there . . . the Mexican Federales will probably expend more effort tracking them down and putting a halt to their activities than they have clamping down on violent narcogangs.

NO police organization can tolerate someone being seen as doing their job better than they are.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
If it really is vigiliates (in the traditional sense) operating down there . . . the Mexican Federales will probably expend more effort tracking them down and putting a halt to their activities than they have clamping down on violent narcogangs.

NO police organization can tolerate someone being seen as doing their job better than they are.

Plus any Federales or local police on the take from the local gangs have a vested interest in not seeing thier second incomes dry up.
I promise not to duck.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »
Plus any Federales or local police on the take from the local gangs have a vested interest in not seeing thier second incomes dry up.

Ding ding.  Winner.  And that's why the War on Drugs in America will also never end.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
Ding ding.  Winner.  And that's why the War on Drugs in America will also never end.

It's not really any different here in the states either, except that it's institutionalized, and comes in the form of tax money and seizure property instead of graft.
I promise not to duck.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 10:57:25 PM »
It has to be said that I prefer proper law and order to vigilantism, for obvious reasons. However, law and order in Mexico clearly doesn't work.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner