Author Topic: Simple self defense  (Read 4910 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Simple self defense
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »
I pity the poor criminal. He's lying there with his groin screaming, his foot and knees broken, shins bleeding, fingers broken, eyes gouged out, and then she shoots him. ;)

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 11:47:58 PM »
Turning 12 this summer...

Covered so far:
BODY PARTS
- groin
- fingers (emphasis pinkie)
- eyes
- ears
- nose
- face (general)
- feet
- shins
- knees
- throat
- armpits

ATTACKS
- bite
- kick
- stomp
- elbow
- poke
- gouge
- run

WEAPONS
- pens/pencils
- keys
- brushes
- cell phone
- books
- backpacks
- cowgirl boots

REVOLVER
- S&W Model 66

I would add:
BODY PARTS
- collar bone
- temple
- inner thigh
- lower ribs
- side of the neck
- nasal depression (as an aiming point)

WEAPONS
- rocks
- bottles
- flashlights
- pipes
- tools
- sports equipment
- shivs
- chains

I'd also point out that there are dozens of objects that can make an improvised weapon around you at any given time. Try a few objects out with her and decide where they can inflict the most pain/damage.

Not to mention there are purpose-built objects meant to inflict damage while not sticking out to the unknowing eye. Something like this can be a big force multiplier: http://www.szaboinc.com/edged_detail.asp?offset=35&ID=114 and on a key-chain it sort of looks like a pink puzzle-piece or kanji.

Anything holding you back from getting her some training?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
Sticks! Sticks and stick like objects are ubiquitous.

You can really seriously injure or kill someone with a sturdy chunk of material about two feet long (baseball bat, 2x4, rebar, chair/table leg, etc)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 12:47:06 AM »
What about a side kick to a knee?

After having one dislocated, knees moved right to the top of my target list; no matter how tough your opponent is, when you take his knee out from under him, you can stroll out of his reach as casually as you want.

Also, don't forget the spot where the upper lip and nose meet.  Not the easiest to attack, but if you can't get enough movement for a punch, a thumbnail pushed in there will make a tough opponent cry.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 01:02:13 AM »
Chin jab. Use your full bodyweight and hit BG on the point of the chin with an open palm. Not safe at all for sparring. Possibly lethal move. This is why boxers typically tuck their chins in.

The move with a hundred names - when your adversary is on the ground, jump onto his upper chest. When just above the guy (in the air), shoot your feet forward, heels first, and pwn him. Very good chances of the guy ending up dead. Obviously, this isn't good for sparring either, and being a "finishing off" move, comes with a host of legal issues. There are few situations where this method would be acceptable, but it is very effective.

Kick with the side of your foot, not the toes.

Karate chops to the neck/throat are fun. Hit an inch below the Adam's apple for added damage (again, not for sparring).

Work on a few techniques, and know them thoroughly.

Go on the offensive.

Win.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 01:06:40 AM »
Damn, this is inspiring! I think I'm going next door and beat up my neighbor's kid.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 01:21:49 AM »
Damn, this is inspiring! I think I'm going next door and beat up my neighbor's kid.
That'll teach him to stay off your lawn.  :P

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 05:53:19 AM »
Another revolver you may want to add to the list is a Ruger SP-101. It's a small-frame, but has plenty of weight to soften most .38+P recoil. Even .357Mag loads aren't that bad in it.  Plus the smaller, yet cushioned grips fit smaller hands well. And you've given her a gun well-suited for her first CCW.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 08:22:27 AM »
Solar plexus and I haven't (I don't think) seen anyone mention the heel of the palm upward under the nose.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 01:40:40 AM »
First revolver/handgun I ever owned was a Taurus in a similar configuration to the model 66.

I really enjoyed it... and have sung it's praises many times.

This model 66...words can't describe it.  Maybe I should create another thread...and maybe kiddo and I will have to negotiate terms.

Fit and finish...excellent. "Pointability" ...excellent
Recoil ...entirely manageable.
Overall a magnificent piece.

Ever since I had the income to purchase and feed semi-autos I never looked back. In doing so I missed out.

I'll never again question folks' choice to pack a revolver.

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 02:12:54 AM »
Next 1911 is going to be SnW.  I thought they got all their respect from movie hype... SnW for me from now on.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 10:59:07 AM »
Next 1911 is going to be SnW.  I thought they got all their respect from movie hype... SnW for me from now on.
S&W is make good guns again; they are on the up-wave of their cycle. Other companies that were known for good guns <cough>Kimber<cough>, are on the down-wave.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
I know what ya mean... the Kimber UCII I bought awhile back was just horrible. Hammer-following right out of the box, wouldn't feed/eject properly...Two trips back to the factory and it still wouldn't run right.