Author Topic: Generation Kill  (Read 754 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Generation Kill
« on: August 03, 2008, 04:04:59 PM »
New HBO mini series into it's fourth episode on HBO.

Anyone else watching?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

nico

• friend
Re: Generation Kill
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:42 PM »
I've watched each episode a day or two after they air.  It seems like a pretty good show, and some of the dialogue is downright hilarious.

taurusowner

Re: Generation Kill
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:53:44 PM »
I actually finished the book the day before I heard that the mini series even existed.  I then promptly watched all 3 released episodes in a row.  So going straight from the book to the show is somewhat awkward.  But all in all, it's a great series.  As far as I can tell so far, HBO did not add or make up any extra stuff.  Everything you see is right from the book and also from Lt. Fick's book "One bullet away."  I highly recommend both books.  I can't wait til the series is complete and the DVDs come out.  This will get a place right next to Band of Brothers and From the Earth to the Moon.

I'm glad they made this series, and included the real opinions and views from the Marines involved.  This close to the Iraq war, I feared anything pertaining to it would be skewed way left, like Rendition and Home of the Brave.  But it sticks pretty true to the events and even dialog as it occurred.  I also like it for the fact that I am a big fan of modern war movies/mini series.  I think it's too underused in the "war movie" genre. BoB and Saving Private Ryan and all that are cool, but I've had my fill of WWII or Vietnam stuff.  Black Hawk Down is about the only other movie I can think of that really shows modern war.  I'd like to see a lot more of this kind of stuff.  Being in the Army myself, it's kinda cool to see Humvees and Mark 19s on the screen.