Author Topic: Local self defense shooting highlights why Citizens need to be armed  (Read 426 times)

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
local incident really shows why Citizens need to be able to defend themselves.  Note that when the incident happened, the 911 call had been made, the police were on the way, and yet...............
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20130203/ARTICLES/130209892/1139?Title=Man-shot-to-death-after-forcing-his-way-into-home-deputies-say
I don't mean this as a slap at the local sheriff at all.  Those guys do all they can do, and pretty quickly too.  They just can't be everywhere at every time.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Local self defense shooting highlights why Citizens need to be armed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:53:44 AM »
Why didn't they just shoot him in the hand why didn't they just take his gun away again he was just about to turn his life around now his baby will grow up without a father....

Sorry must have been channeling there for a second.

More proof that when seconds count the police are minutes away.

Where I live I have no expectations that the county sheriff deputies or the city police from town could get to my place in time to stop anything. I also don't say that as a slight to either, it's just a fact of geography and reality. I know for a fact that it will take better than 20 minutes for an ambulance to get to my house from the time the call is made till they arrive. (I actually timed it when my brother collapsed and I called 911). That was in the daytime on a nice day. I wouldn't expect police to do any better day or night.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
that guy was determined to hurt someone.  i'm glad everyone in the home is okay.  even a nearby cruiser can't respond fast enough for something like this.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
Quote from the comments. I thought Joe Biden said that a shotgun was deadlier than a semi-auto? Also, I note, and related to fistful's nomenclature thread, that a lot more antis are saying "semi-auto" instead of "assault weapon" when talking about what should be banned.

Nothing wrong with defending yourself. They are fortunate that he did not have a semi-automatic rifle. They may have been all killed. Stop the violence.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."