Author Topic: Surge Afghanistan? Not so fast  (Read 668 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
Surge Afghanistan? Not so fast
« on: February 04, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »
KYRGYZSTAN seems to be reluctant to continue letting us use their air base. That'll hurt inserting and supporting another 40,000 Americans to fight the Taliban.

Unless, of course, this is simply another extortion scheme from our friends in another ex-SSR.

Good job, Putin. Buttwipe.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Surge Afghanistan? Not so fast
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »

He wants to be a Romanov when he grows up.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Surge Afghanistan? Not so fast
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:59:24 PM »
KYRGYZSTAN seems to be reluctant to continue letting us use their air base. That'll hurt inserting and supporting another 40,000 Americans to fight the Taliban.

Unless, of course, this is simply another extortion scheme from our friends in another ex-SSR.

TC

Once I was trouble shooting a network connection that was having quite a bit of issues.  Latency out the wazoo.  Did a traceroute and noticed how many satellites were in the path.  Asked the tech on the other end of the line where the heck he was.  "Uh (some country ending with -stan)"   "Hey, weren't we kicked out of that country like a month ago"  "Yea.  Their government never bothered to tell their military to give us the boot.  We're in the middle of nowhere, not like the base CO gets a newspaper..."

=D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.