Author Topic: Surimi crab sticks and cocktail sauce  (Read 1286 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
Surimi crab sticks and cocktail sauce
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:41 AM »
are dammed good. I wouldn't let real seafood come anywhere near cocktail sauce but with fake seafood, it is rather tasty!
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

HForrest

• friend
Re: Surimi crab sticks and cocktail sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:24:37 AM »
Fun and appetizing video relevant to topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrzThzPW6Zw
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:35:25 AM by HForrest »

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »
What do you use for cocktail sauce? 
I use almost equal parts of ketchup and prepared horseradish; the ketchup is the bigger half but not by much.  It doesn't need any Tabasco or W'shire sauce or lemon.
"It's good, though..."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »
Fun and appetizing video relevant to topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrzThzPW6Zw

You know, I may be the odd one out, but seeing the processing plants for things like surimi, hot dogs, meat packing/canning etc. has never really bothered me. At their base they are just the same food preparation/cooking methods I've used, or seen used, in house hold kitchens writ freaking huge with some automated packaging tossed in.

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:05:10 AM »
For the most part I totally agree, but what I found less than appetizing about that particular video were the stages involving watery, tan colored fish puree with the consistency of light syrup.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 02:17:18 AM »
For the most part I totally agree, but what I found less than appetizing about that particular video were the stages involving watery, tan colored fish puree with the consistency of light syrup.

Probably looks a lot like that just before you swallow it.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage