Author Topic: Surprisingly NOT useless science about Brain Freeze...  (Read 822 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Surprisingly NOT useless science about Brain Freeze...
« on: April 23, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/04/23/cause-brain-freeze-revealed/

I clicked it expecting yet another useless study, but the scientists seem to think that brain freeze and migraine might be related so they studied brain freeze for possible remedies for migraines. Actually very interesting that they theorize it is not the cold that causes the pain, but pressure induced by a defense mechanism of the body to the cold in close proximity to the brain.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grislyatoms

• friends
Re: Surprisingly NOT useless science about Brain Freeze...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
Interesting that the brain is considered a "relatively important organ" by a Harvard researcher. I posted a similar observation on Yahoo!'s write-up of the article yesterday.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »
Interesting that the brain is considered a "relatively important organ" by a Harvard researcher. I posted a similar observation on Yahoo!'s write-up of the article yesterday.

Well, I suppose it is less important in democrats and more important in republicans .....  =D [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:55:38 PM »
A
Well, I suppose it is less important in democrats and more important in republicans .....  =D [tinfoil]
Something along those lines. Politicians searching for one in the vein of the "Tin man" would be closer to my actual comments...
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 05:23:26 PM »
ASomething along those lines. Politicians searching for one in the vein of the "Tin man" would be closer to my actual comments...

tin man was looking for a heart

scarecrow was looking for a brain
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin