Author Topic: Survey of women we know  (Read 6308 times)

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
Survey of women we know
« on: November 06, 2006, 12:00:08 PM »
Here's a question for the readers who are women and for those who can apply the questions to the women they know: "Do you know of ANY women who fit all of the following criteria? Age, ethnicity or marital status are unimportant, I am merely curious if such people exist.

1. Employed and able to support herself. Any employment qualifies except military or similar government service.

2. Libertarian or classically liberal in her views. Not supportive or left or right wing authoritarian views.

3. Even-tempered, not given to psychotic fits. Treats friends and family better than outsiders.

For the record, I can think of several women and even more men who fit the first three criteria.) The next points narrow the field a little.

4. Has no children of her own, is not raising anyone else's kids.  Able and willing to have children later in life.

5. Is in good health, not obese or otherwise physically disabled. Does not smoke or drink to intoxication and loss of self-control.

6. If not American or Commonwealth born, speaks servicable English.

These additional parameters seem to rule out pretty much all women I know and most men. Either I am not aware of women who fit all of these parameters or they do not exist. I am curious which it is.

grampster

• friend
Re: Survey of women we know
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 12:02:21 PM »
And you think this woman exists on earth?  grin
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:03:16 PM »
That's what I'd like to determine.

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
The purpose of the survey
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »
Trying to decide if I should even bother looking for a mate. Slightly different criteria would apply to people who couldn't ever be called "spouse". In the past, I dated one person who fit all of the criteria except #3 -- she is the only ex with whom I am not on friendly or cordial terms. The happiest relationship so far has been with a woman who only fit #1 and #3 -- so it could work fine for dating process but for starting a family.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »
Oh, sure, they exist but they have all met El Tejon and left enraged lesbians. grin police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 12:37:24 PM »
You've not met my wife then?  angel

Badger, you're honest to a fault sir.  laugh
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »
Libertarian women are pretty darn rare.  I'm sure they exist, but they're more likely to side with either Democrat or Republican, depending upon whether they value social freedom or financial freedom more.  The best you'll likely be able to do is find a libertarian leaning Democrat or Republican.  If you're open to such politics, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone.

One of life's great paradoxes is that the moment you stop looking for love, love comes looking for you.  Don't lose any sleep over it.  If it's meant to be, it'll happen without any effort from you.  In fact, it'll probably happen in spite of your best efforts to prevent it.

SomeKid

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »
Good luck Oleg, you will need it.

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 12:43:03 PM »
I have lived long enough that I am set in my ways. People I am likely to date are set in theirs, so good initial compatibility is a must. I 'd rather stay by myself than enter in an unsuitable relationship.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 12:57:37 PM »
From previous discussions, I know your standards are very high, Oleg.

My wife meets most, but not all. And I consider myself lucky.

Back in my dating days, I met a lot of young women who were wacko's.

"Even-tempered" can mean a lot of things. Anytime you're in a serious relationship, you're going to have differences. In my relationship with my wife, she keeps things in for a long time, and then lets them out all at once. It can be pretty unnerving.

I hired my ex-assistant back in 1992. He decided that he wanted to find a woman for marriage. He had some pretty remarkable conditions: she must either have a well-paying job, or be in school for a job that will pay well; she must like kids and want to have several; she must be a virgin; she must be physically fit, and never get fat.

I thought he was nuts. But, he found a young woman who was going to school to be a physical therapist, loved kids, had never dated, was slim, and got a reasonable amount of exercise.

My ex-assistant is such a demanding type, though, that I often wonder how happy she is.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 12:59:30 PM »
I know *one*.

She manages a clinic, makes a pretty good living doing so ($50k +bonuses), this is a job she has on her own merits as she is still in college. I would describe her as "classicaly liberal" she doesnt support any really extreme views and kinda dislikes politics in general, she is firmly against gun control recognizing that the RKBA is the strongest check againt tyrany, but dissaproves of the Iraq war (and war in general as she has had direct experience as an uninvolved bystander), is always wary of the government, assuming that too much government can (and does) lead to loss of individual freedom. She also is not a fan of American military foreign policy, her and her family were among the innocent victims of this policy under Clinton and generally feels that our military should not be enforcing policy anywhere. She has no children, doesnt want any *yet* but does want some eventually. She is one of the most physically attractive women I have ever met, tall and slim with dark hair in a classic European appearance. She is a naturalized citizen from an Eastern European country but speaks barely accented English better than a lot of American born people, and she is painfully intelligent (but doesnt really realize it). Like most Eastern Europeans her loyalty to a very select group of friends is seconded only to that of her family (which includes distant cousins by marriage), she has a lot of "regular" friends but they are held in a seperate status from her closest friends for whom there is little limit to the lengths she would go to help them. She does smoke though, but will likely quit in the very near future.

Though we arent biologically related she is essentially my adopted sister, so our relationship is very close but not romantic or physical. While I have not ever met another woman like her, the fact that one exists would indicate to me that there are more, but it might require a "perfect storm" of life influences to create such a person. She did not have a good childhood and had to grow up by about the age of 12, and suffered a number of the sort of traumas that can either make or break a person. She lucked out and met some of the right people at the right time in her life to end up the way she did, things could just as easily have gone another way. I guess when you have a rare person like her who has the good fortune of meeting people who are rare in their decency good things can happen, doesnt happen often though.

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 01:05:24 PM »
Is your friend Serbian? Her view on our foreign military policy matches mine...and I do dislike wasting my time on politics, except that politics seem to come looking for me quite regularly. I would like to chat with your adopted sister. I am very curious if my set of criteria actually adds up to the kind of human I envision.

PS: I notice that a lot of East Europeans have the views compatible with mine...maybe acquired from personal experience with the "utopias".

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »
Maybe you should take a trip to eastern europe and see if you can meet someone willing to come back to the states with you.  The politics most american women ascribe to can be downright disgusting.  Perhaps you're fishing in the wrong pond.

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 01:15:09 PM »
About two years ago, just for curiosity, I did a search on a couple of networking sites for "libertarian". Came up with three names: one was THR's own Kaylee, the other two...both in Virginia within 50 miles of each other, both Asian, both gunnies, one dating a Marine, another a Navy sailor. Even similar courses of college studies. I put them in contact with each other.

A wider search turned up almost no matches outside the coasts.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 01:16:01 PM »
Oleg

Sounds like you better find a western cattle ranchers daughter.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »
I forgot one other criterion...this one pretty much removes all US contenders: preferably not religious.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 01:39:19 PM »
Oh, sure, they exist but they have all met El Tejon and left enraged lesbians.

El T, you owe me a keyboard...

Brad

p.s. - Oleg, if you find someone with the above criteria that's around, oh, 37-40, send me her number.
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 01:45:48 PM »
Oleg the "shutochnik".

lumpy

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 01:46:01 PM »
you just described my wife. life is good. smiley
"I have tried to talk about the issues in this campaign... and this has sometimes been a lonely road, because I never meet anybody coming the other way."
Adlai E. Stevenson

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 02:41:08 PM »
You lost me on #3.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 02:41:46 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess no. Smiley

On the other hand, you're not buying a car where you'll be able to specify the make, model and milage. You're looking for a person and the one you end up with could be a chubby, Catholic with a set of twins..life is funny like that. Smiley

Either way, good luck, my friend. I hope you find what you're looking for.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »
Yes, I do. I know quite a few who fit those criteria, actually.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 03:17:59 PM »
I'm just glad that Mike is back, so the over-2500 post count group is a little larger.  I may be the most pathetic of the life-less dweebs, but at least I have some company. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »
If it works out for Oleg, I'll give it a shot:

Doesn't want to run my life.
Doesn't want me to run his life.
Doesn't annoy me.
Isn't annoyed by me.

Heh..who am I kidding? That person doesn't exist. Smiley

grampster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »
 I tend to agree with Barbara.  I think that shopping for a soul mate is lost cause, fraught with disappointment and angst.

When I was a lad just getting interested in girls, my grammaw told me about her brother who was very picky about his women.  She said that she told him that he "was gonna pick and pick till he picked s***."   She said he wound up with an awful woman.  I have found in my 63 years that when one gets too picky about anything, there is geometric progression of Murphy's Law becoming ascendant.

There was a time in my life, around 1964, '65 when I was in LE and working crappy shifts and weekends, when all my friends were going to Viet Nam or had gotten married, or had decent working hours.  I was single, into the bar scene etc.   I found myself getting lonely in the midst of many people. I couldn't find an interesting girl to save my leg.  Then one night while pursuing some miscreants in a vehicle, I collided with a car that turned left as I was passing her.  I had on my overhead, but no siren.  Just a piece of dumb luck.  The driver of the car was an amazingly feisty blonde.  Her first words to me, a uniformed police officer, was..."You dumb Sonuvabehach, look what you did to my car."  Several months later, I saw this pretty lady at a local club.  She looked familiar.  I sidled up and said, "you look familiar, have we met?"  She looked me up and down and said, "You betcha, you're the dumb sonuvabehatch that smashed up my car."  We got married in October 1966.  Last month it was 40 years, Oleg.

I think, Oleg, if you don't concentrate too much on your shopping list, and just go about the mundane business of life, you may be lucky enough to stumble into someone.  To quote those old and respected soothsayers, The Rolling Stones..."You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find you get what you need."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw