Author Topic: Surveillance footage of shooting at Wanenmachers Tulsa Arms show  (Read 1349 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/video-surveillance-footage-of-shooting-at-wanenmachers-tulsa-arms-show/

"Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Justin Green said that although an investigative report was taken following Saturday’s accidental shooting at the Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show, no criminal charges would be pursued against the shooter."

"Green said the man who was shot, former TCSO Sgt. Rick Treadwell, had told investigators he did not want charges to be filed. Treadwell identified the shooter as Brian Pounds, a Tulsa County Assessor’s Office employee. Pounds, a former candidate for Tulsa County commissioner, served as a reserve deputy under former Sheriff Stanley Glanz."
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Surveillance footage of shooting at Wanenmachers Tulsa Arms show
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:32:57 PM »
Cool. So former deputy Treadwell took one for the team.

However, Treadwell apparently wasn't "shot." Bullets don't get lodged in fingers, and in the video the gun was never pointed toward his hand. I'd say he was hit by a ricochet fragment.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:48:34 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:35:09 PM »
Heard on the news that the idjit will be charge with a misdemeanor negligence charge over the incident.
I still suspect that if it hadn't gotten the air time it did nothing would have been done about it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 08:56:13 AM »

However, Treadwell apparently wasn't "shot." Bullets don't get lodged in fingers, and in the video the gun was never pointed toward his hand. I'd say he was hit by a ricochet fragment.

I count this as getting shot.  How much of the original bullet must hit a person to be considered "getting shot?"

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 03:19:24 PM »
I count this as getting shot.  How much of the original bullet must hit a person to be considered "getting shot?"

All of it?

It's semantics, of course, but it's obvious from the video that the muzzle wasn't pointed anywhere in the vicinity of the seated guy's hand. What hit mim could just as well have been a chunk of concrete block rather than a piece of fragmented bullet. I characterize that as "injured by a ricochet fragment," not "shot."

Several years ago at a competition night at the range where I shoot, one of the guys was running the plate rack. The rack was old and the plates were cratered. A fragment came back and hit him in the leg. The cut was large and deep enough that he went to the ER to have it sewed up. We (and he) didn't consider that he got "shot." He was hit by a ricochet fragment.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 04:37:32 PM »
I pulled a small piece of copper out of a guys eyebrow at an event with my Leatherman. This is why ya should wear eye protection.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »
All of it?

It's semantics, of course, but it's obvious from the video that the muzzle wasn't pointed anywhere in the vicinity of the seated guy's hand. What hit mim could just as well have been a chunk of concrete block rather than a piece of fragmented bullet. I characterize that as "injured by a ricochet fragment," not "shot."

Several years ago at a competition night at the range where I shoot, one of the guys was running the plate rack. The rack was old and the plates were cratered. A fragment came back and hit him in the leg. The cut was large and deep enough that he went to the ER to have it sewed up. We (and he) didn't consider that he got "shot." He was hit by a ricochet fragment.

I still count that as getting shot.  I don't think that "getting shot' requires a deliberate attempt to hit someone with a bullet.  There have been plenty of people hit by bullets on unintended trajectories.  I bet those people think they got shot.  Especially the dead ones.

Is shooting through an object to hit a target considered a ricochet?  Such as shooting through a wall or glass.  Those barriers can alter the trajectory of the bullet (ricochet) yet still thoroughly kill a person.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »

Ruger .22 in the hands of an idjit.  Maybe a .22 ricochet could lodge in a finger.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 11:02:00 AM »
Ruger .22 in the hands of an idjit.  Maybe a .22 ricochet could lodge in a finger.

So deeply that the ER didn't/couldn't remove it? That dude would have to have had some pretty chubby fingers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
So deeply that the ER didn't/couldn't remove it? That dude would have to have had some pretty chubby fingers.

Well,  he is a sheriff's deputy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams