Author Topic: Sigh... McCain...  (Read 3350 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Sigh... McCain...
« on: August 25, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »
I don't have any print references yet, but I'm hearing on our local talk radio that McCain is talking about reaching across the aisle to "my friends <slobber noise>" to get something passed, but that a public option shouldn't be in the bill.  He was at a Town Hall in Sun City on the west side of Phoenix today.

He wants to pass a bipartisan health care reform bill.

Bipartisan always means compromise... but as far as I can tell the GOP grass roots movement is adamant that they don't trust this congress to:
1.  Respect their private health care decisions;
2.  Quit spending the nation down China's toilet;
3.  Abstain from additional power grabs.

How can anything bipartisan headed up by McCain and his "friends <slobber noise>" respect any of those goals?  Especially when his gang of six are centrists that don't mind "moderately" putting the country in the poor house and infringing on our rights "moderately?"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:59:23 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Sigh... McCain...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
I hope he passes something "bipartisan" and then the Democrats use reconciliation to get everything in the House bill through congress.

These morons think they can play nice. How is it they can realize you don't compromise with terrorists in the middle east, but can't understand it in congress?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
Because McCain himself is not actually opposed to government involvement in health care. That's why it's called neoconservatism. It acquiesces to the welfare state.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
JUST what you'd expect from a RINO . . . I'm just mildly surprised it took him this long to show his true colors on this issue, the way he has on so many others.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:39:30 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »
How is it they can realize you don't compromise with terrorists in the middle east, but can't understand it in congress?

You must have missed the video footage of the resident of the White House bowing to the kind of Saudi Arabia.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 12:30:43 AM »
JUST what you'd expect from a RINO . . . I'm just mildly surprised it took him this long to show his true colors on this issue, the was he has on so many others.

Um, he did that during the "campaign".  Remember Obama bashing McCain's health-care-reform idea because it allowed benefits to be taxed?

Nah, nobody else does either :p

McCain might've been the Republican Party's biggest mistake this century.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 01:28:14 AM »

Don't worry, it's just getting started.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 02:27:25 AM »

The "Maverick" was a symptom, not the underlying problem.  The problem is that the Republican Party is dead, and people are mistaking the twitching for signs of vitality.  If the Dems weren't self-consuming, the entire country would be truly hosed (and no, the hosing we have now is not the worst possible).
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 06:41:59 AM »
If McCain wants to propose anything for "health care reform", he should suggest that the "death panels" start reviewing all politicians over age 30....

The "Maverick" was a symptom, not the underlying problem. 

Agreed....he is a symptom of the disease that killed off the GOP. I hope that the third parties get their act together soon and step up to the political plate....we need a real option....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »
Before we get to viable third, fourth parties, etc., we are going to have to pass through a Valley of Chaos.  People will have to see upclose and personal what Tyranny really looks like in operation and what it means for their daily lives and their future.  We're not there yet, but we're getting there, and if we pass health care "reform," cap & trade, an amnesty, a suppression of free political speech, and disarmament, we will have learned The Lesson.  What happens then is anyone's guess.

The GOP has been irrelevant for some time now.  These are prosperous men who just want to get along and hang on to their perquisites and power.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »
Um, he did that during the "campaign".  Remember Obama bashing McCain's health-care-reform idea because it allowed benefits to be taxed?

Nah, nobody else does either :p

Oh, I remember.  He also took time off from the election to vote for the first Stimulus bill.  Probably part of why he lost.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »
Why are you surprised?  McCain's schtick is to provide a bipartisan fig leaf to anything of value to statists.  McCain and Obama have a common Daddy Warbucks---George Soros.  And Soros' hot button is socialized medicine.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 12:04:14 PM »
Oh, I remember.  He also took time off from the election to vote for the first Stimulus bill.  Probably part of why he lost.

They tried to blame that on Palin, but I think that is exactly why he lost.  He was actually staying fairly close to Obama up to that point.  Had he actually had a plan rather than just jumping on board the "throw money at it" plan, he might have actually showed he was different.  As it happens, more of the same was not what people were looking for. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 01:58:35 PM »
He was actually staying fairly close to Obama up to that point. 

Actually, Palin was staying close to Obama then....McCain couldn't have mustered up enough support to buy him a ticket back to Hanoi at that point....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 07:29:36 PM »
He was actually staying fairly close to Obama up to that point. 

He was leading him in the Rassmussen polls.

I remember telling my Dad: "I think McCain just lost the election."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 09:28:10 PM »
They tried to blame that on Palin, but I think that is exactly why he lost.  He was actually staying fairly close to Obama up to that point.  Had he actually had a plan rather than just jumping on board the "throw money at it" plan, he might have actually showed he was different.  As it happens, more of the same was not what people were looking for.
Agreed. And when stimulus bill 2 came in, chock full of the earmarks he's always complaining about, it was a golden opportunity to say "I'm having none of this."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 04:30:09 PM »
Well, no one can say he doesn't have a genius for collaboration.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.