Author Topic: Obama steps through the Nixon door  (Read 3346 times)

longeyes

• friend
Obama steps through the Nixon door
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
Well, Obama is ignoring a Congressional subpoena for Solyndra data, claiming Executive Privilege. 

Put the kids to bed.  Cinch your belt.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/wh-rejects-subpoena-request-solyndra-docs
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
Re: Obama steps through the Nixon door
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:23:40 PM »
Obama is very full of himself.  He is trying to circumvent Congress in authorizing expenditures through Excecutive Order.  He even campaigns in Europe at the summit.  Europe tried his approach too.  It failed.  I grow tired of the whole deal and Solyndra is probably riddled with favoritism and political favors all of which is bought and paid for my the American people.  It is democracy at its worst.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
He has wanted to be Emporer all along  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »
If you're ticked off about Solyndra just remember the iceberg principle: what you SEE is only a small fraction of what's actually going on beneath the surface.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »
We are slouching, in my view, toward a Constitutional melt-down that could ignite a lot more than pre-Election Presidential debates. 
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 02:38:57 PM »
Obama is very full of himself.  He is trying to circumvent Congress in authorizing expenditures through Excecutive Order.  He even campaigns in Europe at the summit.  Europe tried his approach too.  It failed.  I grow tired of the whole deal and Solyndra is probably riddled with favoritism and political favors all of which is bought and paid for my the American people.  It is democracy at its worst.
Hes, he is quite arrogant, and is much more the quintessential professional politician than he let on.

Unfortunately, they all have numerous favoritism skeletons in their closets, no matter the party affiliation.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
the iceberg principle: what you SEE is only a small fraction of what's actually going on beneath the surface.

Something I'm wondering about with regard to a long brewing personal not-quite-crisis here.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »
Very few in the media want to talk about the real problem here.  It's not economic insanity; that is only a symptom.  It's tyranny.  At some point--and I'm betting well before the election--what is ignored or whispered will float up into general consciousness.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »
It's tyranny.  At some point--and I'm betting well before the election--what is ignored or whispered will float up into general consciousness.

You can feel it too, huh?

I can only hope that this consciousness achieves critical mass before a major distraction is launched.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »
You can feel it too, huh?

I can only hope that this consciousness achieves critical mass before a major distraction is launched.
I don't know about tyranny, but the disrespect for the Constitution and active undermining of checks and balances is disturbing.  What sort of precedent will this set is equally disturbing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »
If you're ticked off about Solyndra just remember the iceberg principle: what you SEE is only a small fraction of what's actually going on beneath the surface.

About $500 million was funneled into Solyndra in order to benifit obama operatives.
About $800 billion (as far as we know) was spent on stimulus.

Iceberg sounds like a good analogy.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 01:45:40 AM »
at least the seas have stopped rising and the planet has begun to heal ;/

personally imo we are doomed, the media is totally in his pocket & people are to concerned with some kind of angry bird to notice
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 01:56:58 AM »
About $500 million was funneled into Solyndra in order to benifit obama operatives.
About $800 billion (as far as we know) was spent on stimulus.

Iceberg sounds like a good analogy.

http://xkcd.com/558/
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 02:44:50 PM »
at least the seas have stopped rising and the planet has begun to heal ;/

personally imo we are doomed, the media is totally in his pocket & people are to concerned with some kind of angry bird to notice

No, "doom" is just the antechamber.

There will people who refuse to play along, people who speak out, people who emigrate.  An Obama triumph would probably prove to be an implosive one.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.