Author Topic: Live-on-TV exorcism or Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror Marathon  (Read 560 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Live-on-TV exorcism or Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror Marathon
« on: October 30, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »
http://fox2now.com/2015/10/29/archdiocese-of-st-louis-warns-of-exorcism-dangers-before-tv-show/

The cable network “Destination America” reportedly plans to air a purported exorcism live on national television on Friday, October 30, from a home in St. Louis which was associated with the well-known exorcism of “Roland Doe” in 1949.

Given the public nature of this event, the Archdiocese of St. Louis – which is not involved in this dangerous endeavor – deems it necessary to educate and warn the public about the dangers of participating in such activities.

“No exorcism can take place without the authority of the local Roman Catholic ordinary,” said auxiliary bishop emeritus Robert Hermann.

9 PM EST tonight!  http://www.destinationamerica.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule/  They even have a count-down clock http://www.destinationamerica.com/tv-shows/exorcism-live-countdown/exorcism-live/

Find the channel in you area by going to http://www.destinationamerica.com/channel-finder/

I'm conflicted - an exorcism or the Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror Marathon on the FXX channel tonight starting at 8 PM EST  http://www.tv.com/listings/station/666275455 

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Live-on-TV exorcism or Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror Marathon
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »
6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. I'd rather watch Gillian's island reruns than a fake exorcism from a fake bishop of a non existent church. And I hate the Simpsons.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:06:29 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. I'd rather watch Gillian's island reruns than a fand exorcism from a fake bishop of a non existent church. And I hate the Simpsons.

There were several TV/film Gilliians I could watch all weekend. (why is there no drooling face smiley?)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »
Well, something to watch if nothing else is on. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
It's a grim night [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 10:25:30 PM »
The evening drive-time knucklehead on StL's FM talk radio station is taking part in this. He does this kind of idiotic "paranormal investigation" stuff every Halloween. He hung out at the Exorcist house once previously. They always come back from these little sleep-overs with "electronic voice phenomenon" recordings, and spooky stories about how someone heard some scary sound, and felt some spooky presence. The rest of the year, his show is somewhat less moronic.  ;/

He gets plenty of audience, though. Couldn't have happened to a guy with a worse radio voice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife