Author Topic: Sammich straight from heaven? Someone's directionaly challenged.  (Read 464 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Sammich straight from heaven? Someone's directionaly challenged.
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:32:04 PM »
http://gardenandgun.com/blog/sandwich-straight-heaven

Manna Sandwiches
From Al and Houston Hodges, Hoody’s Hoagies, Claxton, Georgia
Makes 6 6-inch hoagies

This recipe makes more sauce than you’ll need for just one round of manna sandwiches. Luckily, it’s versatile. “I keep that special sauce on hand at all times,” Al Hodges says. He also uses the seasoned ground beef in everything from chili to spaghetti sauce, and he recommends making a big batch and freezing whatever doesn’t end up in a hoagie roll.

Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup Catalina or French dressing
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. ketchup
¼ cup spicy brown mustard, preferably Gulden’s
2 tbsp. sugar
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup soy sauce, preferably Kikkoman’s
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. garlic powder
2½ lb. ground chuck
¼ lb. Swiss cheese
6 6-inch hoagie rolls

Preparation

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.

Dice the onion and add it to a skillet over high heat with ¼ cup of water and soy sauce. Add herbs and garlic powder and cook for 5 minutes, or until liquid is mostly reduced. Add beef and continue to simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain off fat.

Split the rolls. Slather them with sauce, and put cheese on top. Place them under the broiler until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. Heap ground beef on each sandwich and serve.

Pretty much any Israelite (or descendant) I know would have a long, detailed and colorful conversation with whomever sent this down from the mountaintop or the skies or Izzy's Food Wagon.  (And the conversation would have nothing to do with Leviticus 11.   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+11&version=KJV )

Whatever I might have thought about Georgians has taken a significant nose dive.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Sammich straight from heaven? Someone's directionaly challenged.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »
Catastrophic sammich fail - no BACON.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams