Author Topic: Top Ten Things Overheard at the White House During Scott Brown’s Win  (Read 3797 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
from imao.us

Message from America: We Hate Liberals

Top Ten Things Overheard at the White House During Scott Brown’s Win
Posted by Frank J. on January 20, 2010 at 1:03 pm

10. “Obviously, this is just because Coakley is such a horrible candidate. So how do you get a shotgun in your mouth and also reach the trigger?”

9. “Now don’t you wish we went with the Weekend at Bernie’s solution to Ted Kennedy’s seat?”

8. “Don’t they know other countries love me?”

7. “But this doesn’t mean much, right? You said Massachusetts is a red state… Oh, you meant the other kind of red. Yeah, I guess we’re screwed.”

6. “That’s it, man. Game over, man; game over! What the @#$% are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?”

5. “Don’t they understand this is only going to make me want to lost them jobs and destroy their health care all the more?”

4. “I should have expected this from people who bitterly cling to chowder and the Irish.”

3. “I’m sure Gibbs will be able to spin this after he stops vomiting and urinating on himself.”

2. “This is just the sort of time you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and blame Bush for everything all the harder.”

And the number one thing overheard at the White House during Scott Brown’s win…

“This is why I hate America.”
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
#9 - Priceless.  I really gigglesnorted at that one, since they're basically doing that with Robert Byrd....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
I like #3. =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Snort!

Good stuff, and probably not far from the truth!

'Let's all run out and buy pickups before the midterms!'

Jamie
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
#2 is actually what they are doing!!!

Quote from: President Obama link= http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/president-obama-scott-brown-massachusetts-victory/story?id=9611222&page=1
"Here's my assessment of not just the vote in Massachusetts, but the mood around the country: the same thing that swept Scott Brown into office swept me into office," the president said in an exclusive interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "People are angry and they are frustrated. Not just because of what's happened in the last year or two years, but what's happened over the last eight years."

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.

Denial is not just a river running through Egypt.  =D
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

HankB

• friend

Quote from: President Obama link= http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/president-obama-scott-brown-massachusetts-victory/story?id=9611222&page=1
"Here's my assessment of not just the vote in Massachusetts, but the mood around the country: the same thing that swept Scott Brown into office swept me into office," the president said in an exclusive interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "People are angry and they are frustrated. Not just because of what's happened in the last year or two years, but what's happened over the last eight years."

OF COURSE THEY ARE! 

People are STILL so mad at Bush that they decided to elect a Republican to fill Teddy Kennedy's old seat!

What else could it be?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

CNYCacher

• friend

He's been saying "the last 8 years" for so long, someone forgot to tell him he needs to switch to "the last 9 years".

Nothing like "Copyright last year" to remind you that it's January.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

alex_trebek

• friend
CNY:

That's the first thing that came to my mind. So I guess the first year with Bush was great?

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
CNY:

That's the first thing that came to my mind. So I guess the first year with Bush was great?
2.5 yrs from now they will still be talking about the last 8 yrs.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Someone please explain #9.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

alex_trebek

• friend
Someone please explain #9.

weekend at bernies was a movie where two guys lugged a dead rich guy around (pretending he was alive) so they could hang at his beach house.

9 refers to doing the same with Kennedy.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
That's funny.  Never seen the movie.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
That's funny.  Never seen the movie.

Definitely rent it.  Avoid the sequel.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.