Author Topic: See? Obama really is for transparency  (Read 1967 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
See? Obama really is for transparency
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »
Clearly Obama heard and understood the message of the Brown election.  He just had FedGov release a big pile of worthless data, to show how concerned he was about openness and transparency in government.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100123/pl_afp/usitpoliticsinternetobama_20100123023415

Government releases reams of free data
AFP

2 hrs 38 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The US government released reams of free data on subjects as varied as child car seats and burro populations in an effort to make the workings of government more transparent.

As part of President Barack Obama's "Open Government Directive," the 24 major departments and agencies that make up the federal government had until Friday to release at least three "high-value" data sets.

The raw data released by the various departments and agencies is online and viewable at Data.gov.

It includes, for example, ratings from the Department of Transportation on the ease of use of child safety seats and wild horse and burro populations on land controlled by the Department of the Interior.

Even the Department of Defense is taking part, releasing data on absentee voting by members of the military and a list of requests to the Pentagon under the Freedom of Information Act.

The White House said a total of nearly 300 new sets of data are now online.

"These steps underscore my administration's commitment to creating an unprecedented level of transparency and public participation in government," Obama said in a statement. "Through our open government efforts, we are bringing down the walls between the government and the American people."

"The data can spur innovation," said Aneesh Chopra, Obama's chief technology officer. "Entrepreneurs, corporations, and ordinary Americans can build value on top of this raw material into applications that will improve our quality of life."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: See? Obama really is for transparency
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »
meanwhile the justice dept refuse to give congress documents related to the 2 black panthers outside the philly polling place
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:28:31 AM »
meanwhile the justice dept refuse to give congress documents related to the 2 black panthers outside the philly polling place

Well, yeah, but black people can't be racists because they're victims.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:49:54 AM »

Who cares?  It's all about the burros, dude! 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:44:09 AM »
It's all about the burros, dude!

Oh. I always wondered why they call them "burritos."
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »
"The data can spur innovation," said Aneesh Chopra, Obama's chief technology officer. "Entrepreneurs, corporations, and ordinary Americans can build value on top of this raw material into applications that will improve our quality of life."

WTF is he talking about? ??? ???

Oh. I always wondered why they call them "burritos."

A burrito is a tasty Mexican tortilla wrapped delicacy, made with the shredded meat of small burros. =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G