Author Topic: Two Fun Movies  (Read 462 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Two Fun Movies
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:00:55 AM »
First is Central Intelligence.
This movie is just pure fun.  (It does require one to believe that you can have a handgun battle in a crowded office and not hit a single person, but go with it.)  It's like "Trading Spaces", but the Trade takes 20 years.   Anyway,  Good popcorn movie, suitable for pre-teens and above (basically any middle schooler and above.  No sex, some violence, but nothing more than we grew up with Bugs Bunny, et al.) Five Stars.

Next up is Office Christmas Party
It stars Jennifer Anniston.  It reminds me of several 8th Infantry Division DIVARTY St. Barbara's Day Balls I went to in Baumholder.  The O-club looked very much like this office at the end of the movie looked.   No one under 21 should watch this.  Jason Bateman is very good with deadpan humour.  And Jennifer Anniston is in it.  The Airport scene is absolutely cruel and yet hilarious.   And "Mary, the HR lady" through the first 3/4's of the movie is every HR Lady I've ever worked with.  Especially Beth at OCP.  The one I made cry and soil herself. That one.  The Queen of "No-Fun".  Did I mention Jennifer Anniston.  And Russians. And Prostitutes.  And a Pimp.   A fun movie, but not for kids.  And Jennifer Anniston is in it.  Again, Five Stars. 

I will admit that I have low standards.  Keep me entertained and entrhalled for couple hours and it's all good.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Two Fun Movies
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 07:59:00 AM »
I wanted to see both of those before your reviews, now I want to see them even more.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Two Fun Movies
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 10:18:19 AM »
Someone really likes Jennifer Aniston, and not just so he can copy her hairstyle.

I like CI, too. "I'm way into 'corns, bro!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife