Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453439 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 24, 2020, 08:34:51 PM »
The media will soon spin it as the R's blocking the package over partisan pettiness.  If they don't want to get pinned with that they need a huge messaging campaign about the D's wish list being counter-productive.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1501 on: March 24, 2020, 08:44:13 PM »
The media will soon spin it as the R's blocking the package over partisan pettiness.  If they don't want to get pinned with that they need a huge messaging campaign about the D's wish list being counter-productive.

They've already been. The Rs were way behind the curve on this one. They should have started blasting Pelosi and Schumer forthe "partisan pettiness" on Sunday. Especially Pelosi. The bill was already in the Senate and from all appearances, she got to Schumer to kill that one before she started writing her monstrosity.

The Rs also have the problem of what, five senators now in isolation who are unable to vote?

Edit: Oh, and we're up to I guess $6 trillion on the package that started at $1.2 trillion.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #1502 on: March 24, 2020, 08:45:44 PM »

The Rs also have the problem of what, five senators now in isolation who are unable to vote?

The obvious solution is for them to just go to work as usual and vote... >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1503 on: March 24, 2020, 08:55:45 PM »
The obvious solution is for them to just go to work as usual and vote... >:D

Just have someone show up say they're Rand Paul or whoever and start voting. Asking for an ID is voter suppression and racist right?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #1505 on: March 24, 2020, 10:39:55 PM »
And $4 billion for museum virus response (NYC only).

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/24/to-help-keep-new-york-citys-nonprofit-museums-alive-during-covid-19-crisis-rep-jerry-nadler-asks-for-4-billion/

This is bad of me, but... When it comes to NYC, I'm kind of rooting for the virus at the moment.

I mean seriously, people, there are priorities.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1506 on: March 24, 2020, 10:46:01 PM »
My favorite part of the Democrats' Chinavirus Spending Spree is the pension fund for journalists.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #1507 on: March 24, 2020, 10:54:28 PM »
Just have someone show up say they're Rand Paul or whoever and start voting. Asking for an ID is voter suppression and racist right?

Stands to reason,  and those retards already had their own "Spartacus" moment...  I AM RAND PAUL!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1508 on: March 25, 2020, 02:23:25 AM »
We gotta burn the Constitution and wreck the economy to fight the Corona virus guys. I just don’t get why you don’t understand those basic facts. Especially we have to listen and kiss the ass if the governments who are completely ineffective in fighting this virus meanwhile those evil corporations who are actually doing the work of voluntarily closing, making major business practice switches and sacrifice, plus coming up with production of equipment on a large scale, we gotta destroy them.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1509 on: March 25, 2020, 07:11:08 AM »
Prince Charles has it now, he's 71
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52033845
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #1510 on: March 25, 2020, 07:54:17 AM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1511 on: March 25, 2020, 08:30:42 AM »
I saw this story about the post office potentially shutting down because they are losing money due to the beer flu. How is this possible? Everyone is staying home and ordering stuff on Amazon, etc. The other guys are are trying to hire people to keep up with increased demand. I'm getting Amazon packages delivered by USPS, yet they're not seeing an increase like the other guys?

Regular mail has been declining for a long while, so that part isn't new and isn't urgent. Increased package deliveries right now should be mitigating that loss. I smell the same "virus money grab" the Kennedy Center is asking for.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/congress-needs-to-provide-funds-or-postal-service-may-shut-down-because-of-coronavirus-report

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1512 on: March 25, 2020, 08:35:23 AM »
Well, it looks like the virus has won and this might be the end for us. Waffle House has closed.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/03/25/sit-just-got-real-waffle-house-closes-365-restaurants/

brimic

• friends
« Reply #1513 on: March 25, 2020, 08:36:49 AM »
Well, it looks like the virus has won and this might be the end for us. Waffle House has closed.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/03/25/sit-just-got-real-waffle-house-closes-365-restaurants/

Game over man, game over.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1514 on: March 25, 2020, 09:15:58 AM »
Senate passed the Stimulus Package $2,000,000,000,000

I'm still not getting Pelosi pushing to change what just got passed. The house hasn't met as a whole for more than 30 minutes and yesterdays ~30 min floor schedule didn't mention anything about the "new" stimulus package. Appropriations Committee did meet yesterday and today, is that where they started assembling this 1400+ page bill? I know Pelosi had a press release on Monday about the new 1400+ page bill. This still would have to get passed by the House and then passed by the Senate before even reaching the President's desk for signing.

Are "people" making ado about a nothing burger? Are people forgetting basic Civics?

*edited, I was under the assumption that this stimulus originated in the House and had passed. No, the Senate bill has to go to the House to be passed, of course if amended has to go back to the Senate.  I wish the news would stop reporting like it was going to the president's desk after passing the Senate. Also the news keeps reporting the House is still in recess, so who is full of poo right now?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:58:38 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1515 on: March 25, 2020, 09:41:47 AM »
Waffle House should have closed decades ago.

Permanently.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1516 on: March 25, 2020, 09:44:16 AM »
And... now working from home for the rest of the week. Authorization finally came through. Only problem is, pretty much everything I have to do is on an airgapped system that I can't access from anywhere other than the main work location. Which I won't be able to hit until next week when I go back there for a week on.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1517 on: March 25, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »
They've already been. The Rs were way behind the curve on this one. They should have started blasting Pelosi and Schumer forthe "partisan pettiness" on Sunday. Especially Pelosi. The bill was already in the Senate and from all appearances, she got to Schumer to kill that one before she started writing her monstrosity.

Edit: Oh, and we're up to I guess $6 trillion on the package that started at $1.2 trillion.
R's did do that as I understand it.  Unless you go to the right alternative media outlets, you don't see it.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1518 on: March 25, 2020, 09:46:32 AM »
So what’s in this two trillion we gotta pass it now bullshit bill?

I hope the Corona virus rips through the senate like a pack of lions
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1519 on: March 25, 2020, 09:49:46 AM »
Senate passed the Stimulus Package $2,000,000,000,000

I'm still not getting Pelosi pushing to change what just got passed. The house hasn't met as a whole for more than 30 minutes and yesterdays ~30 min floor schedule didn't mention anything about the "new" stimulus package. Appropriations Committee did meet yesterday and today, is that where they started assembling this 1400+ page bill? I know Pelosi had a press release on Monday about the new 1400+ page bill. This still would have to get passed by the House and then passed by the Senate before even reaching the President's desk for signing.

Are "people" making ado about a nothing burger? Are people forgetting basic Civics?
I can only hope they don't pass the Senate version and the arguments last at least a few more weeks and Trump ends the lock down. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1520 on: March 25, 2020, 09:50:10 AM »
And... now working from home for the rest of the week. Authorization finally came through.

My direct order was on Monday to stay home, I can't even pop into my office at the capital complex without permission and I have to be scheduled for my time in and time out. No one is even going to be allowed to go in until next week at the earliest.

No one gave any of us field staff a chance to go get stocked up with work and supplies before the order.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #1521 on: March 25, 2020, 09:50:20 AM »
So what’s in this two trillion we gotta pass it now bullshit bill?

I hope the Corona virus rips through the senate like a pack of lions

That would be a silver lining.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #1522 on: March 25, 2020, 09:56:04 AM »
WI is supposed to be in a pseudo 'lock down' or as the goobenor calls it 'safe at home.'

I saw more traffic on the way into Milwaukee this morning than I've seen in a week.
City buses are still running.  :facepalm:
The small town I live in looked comparatively dead, as in not many people getting up to go to work.

Also heard on the radio news report yesterday that middle aged AA males make up the bulk of CV cases in Milwaukee. They were told or they believed that they were immune to the virus and carried on as if nothing was going on.  :facepalm:

A friend of mine has been frantically crunching numbers to try to make sense of everything (he's a freshly minted business owner, and doesn't have much else to do for the time being). One of the interesting things he passed on to me was a concept of 'Small World Networks', which could explain why the virus is rampant in certain communities, but isn't spreading exponentially outside them.

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1523 on: March 25, 2020, 10:33:51 AM »
Idaho made the MSM (Rachel Maddow) because Wallethub listed us as 48th in "doing something". California ranked #1, so take that for what it's worth in freedom vs response. The Idaho Statesman also ragged on the governor for not going full on lockdown and instead letting specific regions make their own decisions. Which in this state, makes perfect sense. There are only a few areas like Boise, where your neighbors are 20 feet from you, and the Boise mayor made the right decision for her city. My neighbors are closer to 1/4 mile away, and those longer distances are common in most of the state. We don't need to be micromanaged. It looks like the media attention got to the governor though, because he's supposed to be making "a very important announcement" this morning. I expect it to be some kind of lockdown.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1524 on: March 25, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
Maybe he'll tell Madcow to FOAD.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams