Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453105 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #2175 on: April 11, 2020, 12:54:00 PM »
This.

Folks can quibble with math. You can’t really analyse away overflowing hospitals.

This isn’t just the flu and serious measures to stop it are clearly warranted. That doesn’t mean every extreme response makes sense, but it should be taken seriously and it is properly a life changing disease. If it’s not life changing because of isolation, it will be from wrecking medical systems and causing death.

So which countries is that happening in? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2176 on: April 11, 2020, 12:56:21 PM »
Covid 19 is not collapsing hospital systems .... atleast in America.   We feared it but it isn't happening.

Yes it is.  CBS proved it by using video of an Italian hospital overflowing with CV patients to depict a New York City hospital.  After being called out for it the first time, they claimed it was an error in editing the story.
Then they doubled down and did it again for another story on hospital overcrowding.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2177 on: April 11, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »

Actually I don't see it as all that convenient. You still have to do paperwork, which most everyone does on a computer these days. Are they setting up a tent or something and people get out of their cars to fill out paperwork? Or are they handing people laptops? Seems like you're increasing chances of virus transmission. Regardless, I'm sure the term "drive-thru gun buying" is bursting liberal heads everywhere, so, win.

"You still have to do paperwork, which most everyone does on a computer these days." Where? I've never seen a gun shop where I could fill out a 4473 on a computer. I don't even think that's legal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2178 on: April 11, 2020, 01:11:53 PM »
"You still have to do paperwork, which most everyone does on a computer these days." Where? I've never seen a gun shop where I could fill out a 4473 on a computer. I don't even think that's legal.

When I bought a lower at Cabelas last year, they were using tablet computers.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2179 on: April 11, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »
I bought an H&R revolver at Bass Pro several years ago and they had a computerized 4473.  Academy Sports uses it.  Primary Arms uses it as well if you buy at their store in Pearland, TX. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2180 on: April 11, 2020, 01:21:57 PM »
4 of the 5 FFL's I use regularly have switched over.  They even have the tablets at gunshows now.  I think I first saw it digitally circa 2016 or so.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2182 on: April 11, 2020, 01:44:12 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2183 on: April 11, 2020, 03:04:35 PM »

Move to America, yo. I've only had one small gunshop here give me my forms hardcopy. Everyone else, including Cabelas and the like, do it on the computer.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2184 on: April 11, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
For me, I notice it was the bigger retail outlets that went to electronic first.  I figure that must make it easier to prove the forms were filled out right and audit the critical items.  I imagine it also means they can tag the form with their inventory as well.  

Most dealers I deal with still use the paper form.  

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2185 on: April 11, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »

I did two 4473s on a PC this week.  All it does is print the normal form in a readable print instead of my usual chicken scratch.  I still had to physically sign the paper copy.  I guess it also electronically submits the info to the ATF or State Police or whoever, because the gun shop never had to make a call.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2186 on: April 11, 2020, 05:20:48 PM »
It's being speculated here that this is one reason Sun Valley has more per capita cases than almost anywhere else in the country.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/04/11/celebrities-reportedly-fleeing-urban-coronavirus-hotspots-to-spend-time-in-flyover-country-and-people-have-thoughts/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2187 on: April 11, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »
I think the question is about whether the drive through counts as "on premises". There is a difference between selling a gun in the store, and selling a gun through the mail. Selling a gun through the mail usually requires the buyer to physically go to an FFL to take possession. There is a legitimate question what "physically go" means. If an FFL set up something like an Amazon locker for people to pick up guns, would that be ok? Would a drive through window be ok? Ok then what if there is a separating wall, and the buyer and seller interact over video/intercom? What if the same system is used but the buyer and seller are in different buildings or different towns? They need to clarify what remote sales means. Apparently drive-up windows and tents are kosher.

The BATFE has clarified that. Apparently, "premises" means "premises."

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/open-letter/atf-business-premises-guidance-letter-4-10-2020/download
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2188 on: April 11, 2020, 06:05:14 PM »
When I bought the .308 at Cabelas, it was electronic 4473 there.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2189 on: April 11, 2020, 06:21:35 PM »
Well, we're getting $666.90 stimulus check. Got an email from my bank today.
Likely going to invest it. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
JD

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2192 on: April 11, 2020, 08:51:44 PM »
Well, we're getting $666.90 stimulus check. Got an email from my bank today.
Likely going to invest it. 

That's the most metal Trump Bucks check amount I've heard of yet.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2193 on: April 11, 2020, 08:57:38 PM »
That's the most metal Trump Bucks check amount I've heard of yet.

Trump Bucks? Hopefully they're not like Schrute Bucks.

https://youtu.be/3IYQXUfezxY

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2194 on: April 11, 2020, 09:10:36 PM »
Trump bucks and Trump pills for the win  =D
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2195 on: April 11, 2020, 09:13:06 PM »
Local Walmart does the 4473 on computer, including the signatures.  Use the mouse & keyboard to fill out the form, use the POS to sign.  Form is printed for local records, it's sent to BATF electronically.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2196 on: April 11, 2020, 11:05:15 PM »
I watched the April 10th NBC News episode via Youtube.

There's political cranks pushing for FedGuv to manufacture 300+ million COVID tests.

The only way that's reasonable to do, is if you have a means to administer 300+ million tests.  And the authority to force non-willing subjects to take the test.

I smell a massive power grab over the makeup of the individual human body coming.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2197 on: April 11, 2020, 11:28:36 PM »
Yes it is.  CBS proved it by using video of an Italian hospital overflowing with CV patients to depict a New York City hospital.  After being called out for it the first time, they claimed it was an error in editing the story.
Then they doubled down and did it again for another story on hospital overcrowding.

I said American  hospitals.    I don't know about other countries.   I'm not surprised about Italy .....   and I wouldn't trust most broadcast network news if they told me July follows June.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2198 on: April 12, 2020, 01:13:01 AM »
I said American  hospitals.    I don't know about other countries.   I'm not surprised about Italy .....   and I wouldn't trust most broadcast network news if they told me July follows June.   

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 01:58:01 AM by fistful »