Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453763 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #4575 on: December 14, 2020, 06:22:16 PM »
^^^What Idaho Health told you regarding re-testing and resuming normal activities is best practices as per the CDC and other authorities.  You will likely be testing positive for months.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4576 on: December 14, 2020, 06:24:58 PM »
^^^What Idaho Health told you regarding re-testing and resuming normal activities is best practices as per the CDC and other authorities.  You will likely be testing positive for months.

You mean folks without active infections that aren't infectious can test positive?

Ya don't say ...

So much for the positivity rate being reported breathlessly daily in Illinois being of any use.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4577 on: December 14, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »
^^^What Idaho Health told you regarding re-testing and resuming normal activities is best practices as per the CDC and other authorities.  You will likely be testing positive for months.

So how does that work with "go about your business after ten days" if an employer or somebody wants documentation of a negative test (not complaining - genuinely curious)?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4578 on: December 14, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »
So how does that work with "go about your business after ten days" if an employer or somebody wants documentation of a negative test (not complaining - genuinely curious)?

It doesn't work, but the government either doesn't care or is actively trying to control you.

Also, many foreign countries require a negative test within 3-5 days of arrival.  If any of you plan to travel, considering buying trip insurance or finding a Covid testing location that will provide you with negative results.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4579 on: December 14, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »

If the person has not already had COVID, than a negative test is indeed proof of lack of active COVID infection.  If the person has had COVID, then future antibody testing will come back as positive for a while even if the patient has no symptoms.  We have been writing a lot of letters to employers and others explaining the concept of continued positive antibody testing after COVID gets better, and a negative test is not possible in that situation.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4580 on: December 14, 2020, 07:01:03 PM »

My employees have gotten letters from a medical provider that says they are non-contagious per CDC guidelines and can return to work.  The VA literally has a form they fill out with the patients name, dates, and signature of Dr.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4582 on: December 16, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2020/12/15/have-covid-19-lockdowns-saved-any-lives-lets-take-a-look-at-federal-data-n1212997
I'll get around to reading that article later but from a quick skim, it seems pretty likely they are making the same mistake...
People make some pretty big mistakes when they don't understand the data they're looking at.
https://amgreatness.com/2020/12/06/yes-total-deaths-in-the-u-s-are-up/
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4583 on: December 16, 2020, 02:48:34 PM »
They explain the 2019 and 2020 data as “provisional” per NCHS or CDC depending on time frame.  Even if you assume the most recent 10 weeks or so are undercounting by 10-20% (60-70% for last week, 5% for 10 weeks ago per the claims in the amgreatness.com link, so maybe 55-110k total deaths undercounted) the total mortality for the year it won’t really change the conclusions as that is more or less in the noise of a full year’s data.  And most likely the most recent 10 weeks have been adjusted to estimate those undercounts, so the error is probably closer 5-20k total undercounts.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4584 on: December 16, 2020, 03:34:26 PM »
Pundits are pulling CDC's data and saying there are no excess deaths in 2020.

CDC is looking at their own data and saying there were excess deaths in 2020.

I suspect CDC is more familiar with the data, time lags, and what is statistically "normal" then the people misreading their data.  YMMV.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4585 on: December 16, 2020, 09:00:20 PM »
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/16/major-ceos-signal-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-could-be-on-the-way/

I will be interested to see if anyone outside of healthcare and first responders are mandated to get the vaccine.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4586 on: December 16, 2020, 09:34:22 PM »
"Essential" workers?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4588 on: December 17, 2020, 08:25:44 AM »
Pundits are pulling CDC's data and saying there are no excess deaths in 2020.

CDC is looking at their own data and saying there were excess deaths in 2020.

I suspect CDC is more familiar with the data, time lags, and what is statistically "normal" then the people misreading their data.  YMMV.

A couple of good reads on excess deaths. As we already knew, it has been brutal on the elderly and already compromised.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/graphing-total-deaths-in-the-us-in-2020/

https://wmbriggs.com/post/33680/

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4589 on: December 17, 2020, 08:55:27 AM »
"Essential" workers?

"Essential" because sacrificial is too harsh.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4590 on: December 17, 2020, 09:57:44 AM »
A couple of good reads on excess deaths. As we already knew, it has been brutal on the elderly and already compromised.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/graphing-total-deaths-in-the-us-in-2020/

https://wmbriggs.com/post/33680/

There's a problem with that analysis. The definition of "COVID Deaths" is rather... loose: https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/12/15/grand-county-covid-deaths/

Two gunshot victims were counted as "COVID Deaths" (Note, out of 5 total "COVID Deaths", making up 40% of the number!)

The data is RIFE with this trash accounting.

So, IF we are having excess deaths, we have no idea if those deaths were caused by COVID OR by the absolutely insane overreaction to a new flu.

I would be willing to bet the lockdowns killed as many people as COVID has, but we classified all those deaths as "COVID Deaths", so no one could tell the idiot "elites" running the country are more dangerous than the disease.

Also note, that interview is from two days ago. It seems the people counting COVID deaths HAVEN'T "cleaned up all that faulty data" as others on this forum have claimed.

We're still getting garbage data on the Wuhan Flu. Because we are ruled by garbage people.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4591 on: December 17, 2020, 10:13:06 AM »
Sailer is on board with the girly hysteria for sure, Briggs is much more balanced.

Anyone who has been here knows I agree with your position that the reported numbers are all junk.

Total deaths are total deaths though and are harder to fudge, up or down.

We won't really know total deaths until sometime in the spring.

All "excess deaths" will not be covid related deaths. Many will be though as a complicating factor with comorbidities.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4592 on: December 17, 2020, 03:29:27 PM »
So regarding the testing positive for three months thing, this is what I would be worried about:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-problems-with-covid-testing-for-flights-11608128492

You can't read the whole thing without being a subscriber, but the tease gives you the gist. So if I want to fly somewhere next week and walk into the airport and get tested and come up positive, I guess I'm screwed?

I know a few of you mentioned physician's letters, but that would only apply if you knew about the three months of coming up positive after getting over the virus. I would not have known about that if Idaho Health didn't tell me, so I could easily have booked a flight to visit family for Christmas, shown up at the airport and been banned from the flight because  I tested positive at the airline test station.

This doesn't seem to help airlines either, if it makes it harder for them to get passengers, even if due to their own rules.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4593 on: December 17, 2020, 03:49:36 PM »
I haven't heard about any US airlines requiring COVID testing, but I'm sure some will.

There are some countries that require a negative test within 3 days prior to entering the country.  Three days isn't enough time to test positive and then get a doctor's note to override the test results.  And some countries might not accept that doctor's note.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4594 on: December 18, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »
It will interesting to see what percentage of excess deaths can be attributed to the historic bloodshed and rise in murders across the countries Democrat run big cities.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4595 on: December 18, 2020, 08:23:25 AM »
It will interesting to see what percentage of excess deaths can be attributed to the historic bloodshed and rise in murders across the countries Democrat run big cities.

Not that much.  While the violence was worse this summer, it wasn't all that much worse, and it didn't kill that many.  In general, homicide is way down the list of things that kill Americans every year, so even with all this summer's sportiness, you probably have a single digit percentage rise in a cause of death that is pretty small, all told.

Roll that up and I suspect the increase in deaths due to rioting will be under 1 percent of the total.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4596 on: December 18, 2020, 08:31:15 AM »
Not that much.  While the violence was worse this summer, it wasn't all that much worse, and it didn't kill that many.  In general, homicide is way down the list of things that kill Americans every year, so even with all this summer's sportiness, you probably have a single digit percentage rise in a cause of death that is pretty small, all told.

Roll that up and I suspect the increase in deaths due to rioting will be under 1 percent of the total.

yea, just got back here from looking at the numbers.

28% increase in murders across our largest cities equals out to maybe roughly 1500 extra deaths compared to '19

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4597 on: December 18, 2020, 08:39:36 AM »
Glad I don't live in Germany. I happened to talk to several relatives yesterday, and apparently the krauts have revived the Gestapo. They were all talking about how they were going to get together for Christmas with the ten person limit. That is as of a couple of days ago down to five, so they've all canceled their plans. One cousin said they would have broken the rules, but apparently the cops there are actively enforcing the rules and curfews and everyone is afraid of being arrested.

I have a range of relatives that run the political gamut, from very conservative, to apolitical, to one branch an aunt married into that are practically commies in their leftiness. The two former groups are pissed to one degree or another. The commies are happy about the rules.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4598 on: December 18, 2020, 08:48:31 AM »
I was scolded by a teenage girl (a customer) yesterday for pulling down my mask and taking a swig of water out of my bottle.

The brain damage inflicted on this countries people by the fear mongering is incalculable.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4599 on: December 18, 2020, 09:18:18 AM »