Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453290 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5775 on: August 26, 2021, 01:48:57 PM »
The Aussies don't seem to be interested in "temporary quarantine" to get back to business. They are building centralized quarantine facilities that won't even be ready until 2022. Doesn't sound very "zero cases of covid and then back to business" to me.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/26/australian-politician-quite-excited-to-announce-groundbreaking-for-new-covid-quarantine-facility/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5776 on: August 26, 2021, 01:50:45 PM »
Got to have someplace to put all the people that protest the unwarranted killing of dogs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5777 on: August 26, 2021, 02:00:27 PM »
To be fair, that appears to be a quarantine facility for inbound travelers and their hotel quarantines have had issues.

It does seem that they're expecting that COVID is going to be sticking around despite the vaccines and that they're expecting to have to maintain the same kind of posture for the foreseeable future.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5778 on: August 26, 2021, 02:26:34 PM »
they're expecting to have to maintain the same kind of posture for the foreseeable future.

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”

― George Orwell, 1984
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5779 on: August 26, 2021, 03:49:19 PM »

Oh look special prison like privileges for the citizens! A whole hour for exercise and the reward of another for recreation plus the very special reward of being able to see five of your fellow inmates at a time.

But hey, it’s not tyranny in any way whatsoever. Treating people like prison inmates is totally a free society, and despite this coming from a news agency I’m sure it’s false and I’m wrong.

Wonder what the penalty for violation of your allotted time and privileges are? Surely it’a something wonderful like a hug.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5780 on: August 26, 2021, 03:54:17 PM »
OMG! SUCH freedom!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 04:07:44 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5782 on: August 26, 2021, 04:10:45 PM »
OMG! SUCH freedom!

The insistence that all this isn’t tyranny does make me wonder where De Selby draws the “oh it’s tyranny now” line. My guess is he never does.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5783 on: August 26, 2021, 04:47:17 PM »
I wonder which country will be the first to entertain the concept of quarantining the unvaccinated so they don't contract or spread the virus.  Except of course as we have seen, even the vaccinated can contract or spread the virus, albeit at lower rates or lesser severity.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5784 on: August 26, 2021, 04:52:03 PM »
I wonder which country will be the first to entertain the concept of quarantining the unvaccinated so they don't contract or spread the virus.  Except of course as we have seen, even the vaccinated can contract or spread the virus, albeit at lower rates or lesser severity.

As a dude with natural immunity, I'm waiting till they quarantine all the rest of you.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5785 on: August 26, 2021, 04:58:55 PM »
As a dude with natural immunity, I'm waiting till they quarantine all the rest of you.  =D

I hope that you will use your powers of immunity for good!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5786 on: August 26, 2021, 05:00:50 PM »

What in your recent experience tells you that our jackbooted overlords will allow natural immunity to exempt you from the compulsory vaccine?

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5787 on: August 26, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »
What in your recent experience tells you that our jackbooted overlords will allow natural immunity to exempt you from the compulsory vaccine?
In the US the refrain is "VACCINE GOOD" not "IMMUNITY GOOD".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5788 on: August 26, 2021, 06:08:55 PM »

Nothing. This has been one of my constantly posted gripes around here. The vast majority of first world nations that are doing the whole "passport" thing are including proof of natural immunity along with proof of vaccine. It is perplexing to me that we (and maybe that weirdo Australia place) are one of the only advanced nations completely ignoring it and lumping naturally immune unvaccinated people in with unvaccinated that have not acquired immunity. It's bordering on information suppression.

To me it is strong evidence that the vaccination and vaccine passport push are not just about preventing covid.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5789 on: August 26, 2021, 07:02:11 PM »
Battle of the viruses

These viruses are all competing with each other for advantage to be the one that survives,” Durbin told Newsweek. “We know that the lambda variant has some of the same mutations as the delta variant that we think (will) allow it to be more transmissible, so it would be difficult to outcompete the delta variant.”

The dangerous lambda variant has started spreading in California
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-dangerous-lambda-variant-has-started-spreading-in-california/ar-AANKtlq?ocid=msedgntp
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5790 on: August 26, 2021, 07:05:32 PM »
Maybe we will get to the zombie variant and I can finally use this chainsaw bayonet.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5791 on: August 26, 2021, 07:36:24 PM »
Maybe we will get to the zombie variant and I can finally use this chainsaw bayonet.

That would be awesome!   :rofl:
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5792 on: August 26, 2021, 07:42:19 PM »
I keep telling you guys that it's the Omega variant that we want!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5793 on: August 26, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »
The Aussies don't seem to be interested in "temporary quarantine" to get back to business. They are building centralized quarantine facilities that won't even be ready until 2022. Doesn't sound very "zero cases of covid and then back to business" to me.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/08/26/australian-politician-quite-excited-to-announce-groundbreaking-for-new-covid-quarantine-facility/

That’s for international arrivals, not domestic. International quarantine is going to be necessary as long as the rest of the world doesn’t control disease.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5794 on: August 26, 2021, 08:10:31 PM »
I keep telling you guys that it's the Omega variant that we want!

They move too fast, as I get older I need enemies I can out walk.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5795 on: August 26, 2021, 08:32:25 PM »
They move too fast, as I get older I need enemies I can out walk hobble.

FTFY.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5796 on: August 26, 2021, 08:37:57 PM »
FTFY.

I'm not that bad despite having a shorter and crooked right leg from being hit by a car.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5797 on: August 26, 2021, 08:55:44 PM »
But the Really Smart people say that there is no such thing as natural immunity.

And that the shots don't provide immunity either.

And they want you to wear a mask that -might- be 10-20% effective.

Against the most deadliester plague to evar plague us...

Because only perfect safety matters, and you have a co-morbidity.
Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5798 on: August 26, 2021, 09:03:11 PM »
The fear propaganda being pumped into my cellphone was proclaiming America might hit 100,000 covid deaths total! 

If only I didn't know that nearly 2 years of "100,000 covid deaths" is still less than one year's total influenza and pneumonia deaths (120,000+).

Way to inadvertently say that super special covid is less than half the problem of regular yearly flu and pneumonia.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5799 on: August 26, 2021, 09:13:30 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge