Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453679 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6700 on: March 03, 2022, 09:49:45 PM »
Well, I don't tweet, so I'm good there.  :P

Also, I wouldn't set about pinning it on one party or administration.  Like most problems, our money mischief has been going on a long time with bipartisan support, IMO.

I'm pretty sure we all know there'd less inflation if the Dem's had less power.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6701 on: March 04, 2022, 12:13:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure we all know there'd less inflation if the Dem's had less power the United States Dollar was issued by the Treasury not a private for-profit bank, and fractional reserve lending was re-outlawed.

Inflation comes from the inflation of the money supply.  Some things automatically create inflation by their very existence. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6702 on: March 04, 2022, 07:22:01 AM »
I was wrong. My company has dropped its mask mandate for vaccinated individuals.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6703 on: March 04, 2022, 10:27:27 AM »
Yeah, with the loss/settlement on one of the glyphosaye suits and the current inflation is suspect it is a combination of both factors.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6705 on: March 04, 2022, 04:42:36 PM »
This will give you the willies.  The monkey willies, that is.

https://scitechdaily.com/covid-infects-penis-testicles-and-prostate-causes-pain-erectile-dysfunction-reduced-sperm-count/

1) Most of us on here are dudes.  Many of us have gotten the coof.  Anyone here had any symptoms remotely like described?  I certainly haven’t.

2) What other diseases (especially other coronaviruses and related diseases) cause similar symptoms?

3) What is the incidence of these problems, vs their incidence in the general population?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6706 on: March 04, 2022, 11:04:15 PM »
Let's see... Tested negative in 2020. No weirdness. Got shots early in 2021... Had two old scars reopen after the second one. One from stepping on a tent pole in my late 20s/early thirties, and one from a recluse bite about 7 years ago.
Blog under construction

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6707 on: March 04, 2022, 11:08:12 PM »
1) Most of us on here are dudes.  Many of us have gotten the coof.  Anyone here had any symptoms remotely like described?  I certainly haven’t.
2) What other diseases (especially other coronaviruses and related diseases) cause similar symptoms?
3) What is the incidence of these problems, vs their incidence in the general population?

I sometimes think results like this are a function of the tremendous amount of research money and effort that has been put against covid, as well as a clear defining line in the sample set from before to after covid.

It would not surprise me if many other diseases have knock-on effects that we just don't know about yet.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6708 on: March 04, 2022, 11:14:49 PM »
My philosophy?

Branch Covidians are gonna have problems.

This is a country-wide experiment in paranoid hypochondria, with intense pressure to conform...

"Hey baby... I'm an old essential worker who ain't dead yet... Wanna try?"
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6709 on: March 05, 2022, 01:16:24 PM »
Inflation comes from the inflation of the money supply.  Some things automatically create inflation by their very existence.

Why don't you just say what you want to say, instead of pretending it was somehow a contradiction of what I said? Does it bother you that much for someone to point out one difference between the parties? Why?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #6710 on: March 05, 2022, 05:48:36 PM »
Why don't you just say what you want to say, instead of pretending it was somehow a contradiction of what I said? Does it bother you that much for someone to point out one difference between the parties? Why?

I did say I wanted to say.  Now I will expound.  Neither side of the uniparty is interested in fiscal responsibility.  Asserting one side is responsible for inflation is false in two ways: first it perpetuates the illusion of the two party system, and second it obfuscates the systemic origins of our monetary problems.

So why do you have a problem with my correcting your empirically wrong, political, propaganda-like, drive-by post?  Why did you need to make it personal?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6711 on: March 05, 2022, 05:59:09 PM »
I did say I wanted to say.  Now I will expound.  Neither side of the uniparty is interested in fiscal responsibility.  Asserting one side is responsible for inflation is false in two ways: first it perpetuates the illusion of the two party system, and second it obfuscates the systemic origins of our monetary problems.

So why do you have a problem with my correcting your empirically wrong, political, propaganda-like, drive-by post?  Why did you need to make it personal?

You are lying about what I said. Why?

Let's see if you can spot the difference between these two statements.

Statement 1: "There is every reason to believe political leaders X, Y, and Z would have done a better job dealing with issue B."

Statement 2: "Political leaders X, Y, and Z have a perfect record on B, and only leaders H, J, and Q are responsible for B."

Statement 1 is a paraphrase of what I said. Why do you want to accuse me of saying 2?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 06:22:25 PM by Perd Hapley »

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6712 on: March 05, 2022, 09:33:24 PM »

I will say that I find it a little tiring and unproductive.  If one party is more fiscally responsible than the other, it's marginal at best.  Politicians like to frame things in a tribal us-vs-them manner as a divide and conquer tactic.  Everything is spun as the fault of the other tribe, always.  I don't think being stuck in this us-vs-them mindset is helpful for thinking clearly about politics.

Are there some values and priorities where the parties are significantly or even directly opposed?  Sure.  This isn't one of them. 

Absolutely on point.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6713 on: March 06, 2022, 08:04:58 AM »
The ballot box is only going to be used to change things  until it becomes apparent that it is broken...
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6714 on: March 06, 2022, 08:49:59 AM »
The ballot box is only going to be used to change things  until it becomes apparent that it is broken...
The ballot box hasn't worked in a very long time. Most every major election is fake. The uniparty decides who wins. It appears they weren't completely fabricating the results until the last few election cycles. Trump may not be a good guy but his first election he definitely overwhelmed their ability to flip elections. You better believe they are working on making sure that never happens again. For whatever reason Trump went around pointing out the fakery in a lot of things and they didn't kill him. Fake news, fake elections and fake representatives, the American myth either never was (fake along) or is dead (fake now). 

I saw a meme the other day, "And just like that ... everybody believed the media again..."

Not me

(I know, I'm a real ray of sunshine. Every time I think I should back off the cynicism I learn of some new tidbit regarding the systemic corruption running things)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:22:05 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6715 on: March 06, 2022, 09:26:56 AM »

Too late.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6716 on: March 06, 2022, 09:31:56 AM »
Chicken nuggets at Costco: $13.99 last time we bought them, $16.99 last month, $19.99 today

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6717 on: March 06, 2022, 11:51:53 AM »
Chicken nuggets at Costco: $13.99 last time we bought them, $16.99 last month, $19.99 today

Should post that on WSB.  The redditards would melt down over inflation in their chickie nuggies.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6718 on: March 06, 2022, 12:36:08 PM »

I wonder if that includes the bird flu effects or is just inflation.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #6719 on: March 06, 2022, 09:02:28 PM »

Ms. Wolfe said it best, a long time ago: “America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6720 on: March 07, 2022, 09:34:35 PM »

Absolutely on point.

Or it might be, if he wouldn't insist he was contradicting what I said. That's why I suggested he speak his piece without involving me.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6721 on: March 07, 2022, 09:52:56 PM »
I will say that I find it a little tiring and unproductive.  If one party is more fiscally responsible than the other, it's marginal at best.  Politicians like to frame things in a tribal us-vs-them manner as a divide and conquer tactic.  Everything is spun as the fault of the other tribe, always.  I don't think being stuck in this us-vs-them mindset is helpful for thinking clearly about politics.

Are there some values and priorities where the parties are significantly or even directly opposed?  Sure.  This isn't one of them. 

This comment makes a lot less sense when you remember that it was kgbsquirrel who started the argument. All I initially said was a boilerplate joke about "mean tweets." Was that really such a trenchant argument for two-party tribalism that the two of you had to veer the whole thread into uniparty talk? Who's being more "tiring and unproductive" here?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6722 on: March 07, 2022, 09:54:24 PM »
This comment makes a lot less sense when you remember that it was kgbsquirrel who started the argument. All I initially said was a boilerplate joke about "mean tweets." Was that really such a trenchant argument for two-party tribalism that the two of you had to veer the whole thread into uniparty talk? Who's being more "tiring and unproductive" here?

So what you are really saying is you deny there is a uniparty?  :rofl:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6723 on: March 07, 2022, 10:36:32 PM »

Nope, I was good with that.  And noted it wouldn't be a "mean tweet" because I wouldn't do the standard "nastiness towards the current administration" thing that the left likes to decry as "mean tweets", because I don't see it that way.  This is what you meant be "mean tweet", correct?  The hypocrisy of the left when people start calling their guys out?

You countered that point of view, kgb joined in, we had a discussion, and here we are.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #6724 on: March 07, 2022, 10:44:39 PM »
So what you are really saying is you deny there is a uniparty?  :rofl:

I mean that's all I'm getting out from it. 

Nick: our money problems are bipartisan and deep
Perd: but there'd be less inflation if we had less blue team
Me: teams don't really exist, that isn't the origin of the money problem, saying such provides cover for the money problem
Perd: Rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!