Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453206 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6725 on: March 08, 2022, 07:39:58 AM »
A Uniparty discussion might be an interesting thread in and of itself.

From my perspective, the term is a very low-resolution descriptor of a mostly accurate concept.  As such, it can be used to bring useful truths to a conversation, but someone fixated on the concept may at times become target-locked and take it absolutely literally - well beyond its usefulness and into the realm of falsehood.

It is somewhat akin to saying "men and women are equal."  Taken at most levels that statement is true, but only up to a point.  Someone obsessed with a literal interpretation would begin using the truthy parts of the phrase as cover for the parts that are categorically false using the typical motte and bailey strategy.

Are the Republican and Democrat parties similar in more ways than they are different?  For sure.  As it appears to apply here, neither is free of corruption, and both abuse their position for self-enrichment and to conjure up eye-watering amounts of money they can funnel to special interests, groups, and companies useful to them in a manner that is not conducive to a strong dollar.

However, taken to the extreme of "there are absolutely no differences between the two parties and it just doesn't matter who you vote for," it is more like the phrase "there are literally no differences between men and women."

I think the more black-pilled among us tend to routinely take the concept beyond what is defensible and accurate, and when challenged predictably retreat to their bailey and imply that their opposition must be denying the many legitimate similarities.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6726 on: March 08, 2022, 08:56:36 AM »
You're assuming that all that matters is the "visible party leadership."

There are still separate parties... The people... Stuff gon' get interesting if it comes down to that...

The politicians are focused mostly on power to loot... The people? They're getting tired of getting looted. Or they want more loot sent their way.

It is coming down to urban vs. rural, or taker vs. maker...
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6727 on: March 08, 2022, 09:24:34 AM »
There are without a doubt factions even among the (uniparty) thieves running everything.

I've completely soured on the Republicans. The biggest danger of voting for Republicans is what we've all already experienced. The disappointment of them not moving the ball when given the reigns of power and the inevitable betrayals. If you vote Republican you must lower expectations to expecting the worse. "A full soul loathes a honeycomb; but to a hungry soul, every bitter thing is sweet".

Yet, like Perd, the few areas that they do seem to differ are enough to prefer them over the Democrats. I don't regret my votes for Trump. He actually made a difference in several areas that if nothing else gave us breathing room to figure stuff out. He also expanded the Overton Window of acceptable things to speak of in public.

There have been a few blog commentators in the past who refer to Trump as playing the role of the court Jester. The court Jester could speak the truth entertainingly without getting his head chopped off. Trump in his own way gave voice to a pretty significant swath of the country, across ethnic and racial lines. Trump actually spoke some important truths. The danger is assuming he is really an outsider. That cannot be true, he is just the avatar of a different insider faction, the court jester is a member of the court.

I'm pretty confident Perd has articulated this subtilty of understanding in the past. I point this out being one of the most ardent users of the uniparty/globalist rhetoric here in the forum.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:41:42 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6728 on: March 08, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »
Quite amusing watching a bunch of unibrows debate the concept of a uniparty...  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6729 on: March 08, 2022, 02:16:17 PM »
Quite amusing watching a bunch of unibrows debate the concept of a uniparty...  :rofl:

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6730 on: March 08, 2022, 02:52:25 PM »
This post is a placeholder to drive that creepy gif off the screen!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6731 on: March 08, 2022, 03:01:39 PM »
This post is a placeholder to drive that creepy gif off the screen!

Seconded!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6732 on: March 08, 2022, 03:02:44 PM »
On to the next page
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6733 on: March 08, 2022, 03:03:10 PM »
I said on to the next page
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6734 on: March 08, 2022, 03:03:57 PM »
Freaking post timer
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6735 on: March 08, 2022, 03:04:38 PM »
We can do this
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6736 on: March 08, 2022, 03:05:00 PM »
Push!
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6737 on: March 08, 2022, 03:05:35 PM »
Far enough?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6738 on: March 08, 2022, 03:06:11 PM »
Nope
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6739 on: March 08, 2022, 03:06:46 PM »
Come on!
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6740 on: March 08, 2022, 03:07:17 PM »
Now I'm out of breath
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6741 on: March 08, 2022, 03:08:42 PM »
I'm done, far enough
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6742 on: March 08, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »
Good job!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6743 on: March 08, 2022, 03:42:58 PM »
It's too bad that it is so hard for someone to quote that picture.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6744 on: March 08, 2022, 03:44:37 PM »
It's too bad that it is so hard for someone to quote that picture.

I thought that was where Nick was going  :rofl:

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6745 on: March 08, 2022, 03:57:05 PM »
What are you guys on about?

dogmush

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6747 on: March 08, 2022, 04:05:16 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6748 on: March 08, 2022, 04:05:35 PM »
What a shocking turn!  Who could have predicted this?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6749 on: March 08, 2022, 04:06:39 PM »
What a shocking turn!  Who could have predicted this?
^ instigator ^