Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 453772 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6775 on: March 25, 2022, 06:50:21 PM »
Oh and... Let's put this among "lessons not learned."

My boss came to work today with what is likely a mild case of influenza, since his ankle biter is down with it.
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6776 on: March 26, 2022, 06:43:16 PM »
And... This morning, at the store, my boss had a 102 fever, which progressed through the day to 103... Kicked him out at about 0830.

If I get sick with it, I'm gonna beat him like a red headed mule...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6777 on: March 30, 2022, 04:10:33 AM »
Pfizer-Man (Official Trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGOvVnVY_c

This is worth a few minutes to watch.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6778 on: March 30, 2022, 01:50:03 PM »
When you get most of the way through, and the phone rings, please ensure that you are NOT drinking a beverage.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6779 on: March 31, 2022, 02:04:07 AM »
When you get most of the way through, and the phone rings, please ensure that you are NOT drinking a beverage.
I was thinking he should have had a 2nd power to issue vax cards 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6780 on: March 31, 2022, 04:29:25 AM »
I assume that's a spoof.  I found it annoying.  The Biden and Rogan impressions were pretty good.
"It's good, though..."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6781 on: March 31, 2022, 03:45:09 PM »
Pfizer-Man (Official Trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGOvVnVY_c

This is worth a few minutes to watch.   =)

LOVED it.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6782 on: April 06, 2022, 07:23:47 PM »
China right now. I guess all this stuff is in the background with the Ukraine stuff on the front page.

This is right out of Bladerunner:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/04/06/watch-drone-in-china-reminds-lockdown-protesters-to-control-your-souls-desire-for-freedom/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6783 on: April 07, 2022, 05:08:37 PM »
In the Fox News story about Nancy Pelosi testing positive today for Covid:

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki claimed Thursday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who has tested positive for the coronavirus, kissing President Biden on the cheek and holding his hand did not meet the White House’s definition of "close contact."

"How can you guys say that President Biden was not a close contact with speaker Pelosi when there's video of the speaker kissing him?" Fox News’ Peter Doocy asked Psaki on Thursday.

Here is the link to the story:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-pelosi-kissing-biden-cdcs-bar-close-contact
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6784 on: April 07, 2022, 05:19:19 PM »
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki claimed Thursday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who has tested positive for the coronavirus, kissing President Biden on the cheek and holding his hand did not meet the White House’s definition of "close contact."

They don't even try anymore.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6785 on: April 07, 2022, 05:46:16 PM »
And it has devolved into an article of faith...

Today was a day off from work. I went shopping.

Ran into a Karen.

He was upset that I was not wearing a mask and was within about 15' of him in the store.

"You need to stop watching Fox News! People are dying!"

Less than 1/8th of 1% annually with, according to what appears to be doctored statistics.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6786 on: April 07, 2022, 06:11:34 PM »
In the Fox News story about Nancy Pelosi testing positive today for Covid:

Here is the link to the story:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-pelosi-kissing-biden-cdcs-bar-close-contact

Now rabies

A rabid fox has been "humanely euthanised" after at least biting nine people - including a congressman and a journalist - in Washington DC.

Rabid fox bites nine people on US Capitol Hill
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61031683
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6787 on: April 07, 2022, 06:18:59 PM »
Now rabies

Rabid fox bites nine people on US Capitol Hill
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61031683

Poor fox, getting rabies from that Dem congresscritter.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6788 on: April 07, 2022, 06:26:07 PM »
Poor fox, getting rabies from that Dem congresscritter.

That was my first thought but it turns out she had dirt on the Clintons.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6789 on: April 10, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »
Looks like the covid totalitarianism in China is still flying under the MSM's radar while they cover the popular stories of the day.

The U.S. State Department on April 9 warned Americans to think twice before traveling to China owing to the Chinese regime’s “arbitrary” COVID-19 measures. It also authorized non-essential government employees and their families to leave its Shanghai consulate amid a citywide lockdown.

“American citizens are asked to reconsider travel to the PRC [People’s Republic of China] due to arbitrary enforcement of local laws and COVID-19-related restrictions,” the U.S. Embassy in China said in a statement.

It added: “Additionally, American citizens should not travel to the PRC’s Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Jilin Province, and Shanghai municipality due to COVID-19-related restrictions, including the risk of parents and children being separated.”

On April 10, Shanghai health officials reported 24,943 new infection cases in the previous 24 hours of the Omicron variant of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, bringing the city’s total since March to over 170,000. However, many more people could have been infected, as experts and Chinese residents have said Chinese officials are under-reporting infection and death figures.

Shanghai officials have imposed draconian measures taken from the communist regime’s “zero-COVID” playbook. The city has been under lockdown since March 28, and April 9 marked the fourth consecutive day of the city’s residents undergoing citywide COVID-19 testing.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-warns-travelers-of-chinas-arbitrary-enforcement-of-laws-and-covid-19-measures_4394639.html

Even far left commies are calling it out, though I think they would have happily liked to have seen the same thing here back when covid was popular.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/04/10/fear-monger-eric-feigl-ding-seems-shocked-chinas-govt-behaving-the-way-he-wanted-the-us-govt-to-with-covid-is-actually-horrific/

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6790 on: April 11, 2022, 01:20:21 AM »
My take is that I think that China is hoping that the USA does another lockdown, only this time follows the new example.

Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6791 on: April 11, 2022, 07:43:46 AM »
My take is that I think that China is hoping that the USA does another lockdown, only this time follows the new example.

Well, there's obviously a new and very infectious new strain that blows through vaccinations. Yet unlike when other stuff wasn't in the news, and before US politicians saw covid fatigue in the population that might affect their reelection, this super-virulent strain that is infecting half of China seems to be stopped by force fields at our borders. At least for now. When the MSM needs headlines, it will suddenly start infecting the US.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6792 on: April 11, 2022, 07:49:57 AM »
Well, there's obviously a new and very infectious new strain that blows through vaccinations. Yet unlike when other stuff wasn't in the news, and before US politicians saw covid fatigue in the population that might affect their reelection, this super-virulent strain that is infecting half of China seems to be stopped by force fields at our borders. At least for now. When the MSM needs headlines Democrats need to take total control of the mid-term elections, it will suddenly start infecting the US.

FTFY
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6793 on: April 11, 2022, 12:21:25 PM »
Coronaviruses are included in the common cold group.

A holy grail for pharma research was coming up with a cure for the common cold.

Couldn't happen - the bugs mutate too fast. But with most healthy people, it is nothing but "a cold."

Some years you get one that is nastier than the others, and you get more dead geezers in nursing homes.

But with some people, even a "mild cold" can kill.

We don't know just how much this bug was played with, but we do know that the Chinese were working on weaponizing viruses.

And it appears that some blithering geniuses in Washington outsourced research to China.

We're at less than 1/8th of 1% annually, and that is "with" biased statistics, not "solely because of" statistics.

The media desperately wants to keep believing.

The Chinese want us to trash our economy even more than what has happened.

China appears ready to disappear a bunch more dissidents. Their people discovered capitalism, and discovered that they like it.

Lots of people want to stay home and watch TV.

Other people want to control peoples lives. And still others get off on playing a victim card.

Politicians, from dogcatcher on up, want more power.

Woke folk want to be able to point fingers, and announce that they are smarter.

Come fall, the cold and flu season will start to ramp up, and the spittlescreeching will restart.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6794 on: April 12, 2022, 08:07:34 AM »
This apparently is a combination of protest and frustration, but still kinda eerie. Shanghai residents who are locked in their buildings all started screaming out their windows. Apparently food shortages are getting bad, and many of these residents were locked in without an opportunity to first get food and supplies.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/04/video-shows-reportedly-starving-shanghai-residents-screaming-from-homes-during-weekslong-mass-covid-19-lockdown/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6795 on: April 25, 2022, 08:47:44 AM »
Shanghai is fencing in entire neighborhoods.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/04/25/as-health-officials-begin-to-fence-in-residents-in-shanghai-panic-buying-hits-beijing/

I just heard on the TV that China is currently seeing record covid deaths. That would indicate infection rates far beyond those at the beginning of the covid panic. Yet covid is hardly mentioned here in the US anymore? Where we have relaxed both national and incoming international restrictions? At the beginning of the panic, you couldn't go a day without hearing from every MSM source that someone came in from another country and became a covid superspreader.

Also, here's the current (1245 Zulu, 25APR) state of shipping off of Shanghai. I wouldn't expect the supply chain to get back to normal anytime soon.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:121.9/centery:30.6/zoom:8

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6796 on: April 25, 2022, 08:55:09 AM »
Word from the ex is it's getting insane over there.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6797 on: April 25, 2022, 09:17:15 AM »
Shanghai is fencing in entire neighborhoods.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/04/25/as-health-officials-begin-to-fence-in-residents-in-shanghai-panic-buying-hits-beijing/

I just heard on the TV that China is currently seeing record covid deaths. That would indicate infection rates far beyond those at the beginning of the covid panic. Yet covid is hardly mentioned here in the US anymore? Where we have relaxed both national and incoming international restrictions? At the beginning of the panic, you couldn't go a day without hearing from every MSM source that someone came in from another country and became a covid superspreader.

Also, here's the current (1245 Zulu, 25APR) state of shipping off of Shanghai. I wouldn't expect the supply chain to get back to normal anytime soon.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:121.9/centery:30.6/zoom:8
Are they seeing record COVID deaths or just cases?  Most of the stuff I have come across just mentions cases.  And it seems like they are locking up entire buildings due to some cases in the building.

I gotta wonder if there is something else going on there.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6798 on: April 25, 2022, 09:19:07 AM »
Are they seeing record COVID deaths or just cases?  Most of the stuff I have come across just mentions cases.

Maria Bartiromo said deaths. It certainly could be that she confused deaths and cases.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6799 on: April 25, 2022, 09:58:07 AM »
China has a low vaccine rate for it's old people. Maybe they don't trust their government.

Are they dying of covid or with covid and a boot on their neck?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG