Author Topic: Meanwhile in Minnesota... and Washington... and Alaska... and Iowa...  (Read 972 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Will Republicans fight it out like gladiators at the Colosseum?

And other important questions, with Rachel Maddow.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Does she always grin like that?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Good report!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Using the calcified apparatus that was developed to keep the rank & file from having their say in the GOP being used by the rank & file to make a splash.

Daddy like.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
Explain this to me because I don't know the answer:

California is a winner-take-all state, yes?

And it has 150 delegates, yes?

Wouldn't winning California (assuming somehow Romney lost all other states that are still in  the running and somehow got no delegates there at all) put Romney over 1144 and avoid an embarrassing 2nd-ballot?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

zxcvbob

• friend
I'm not an expert on Republican party rules, but I don't think Romney really has all the delegates he's claiming.  And if he doesn't win outright on the first ballot, the "winner take all" part doesn't count anymore on the subsequent ballots.

I told the guys at work 2 months ago that RP was going to win Minnesota but not until the state convention -- and they'd never about it on the news.
"It's good, though..."