Author Topic: CZ rimfire  (Read 6988 times)

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: CZ rimfire
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
I love mine, but you knew that already. Holds the 10 ring at 100 yds no problem and that was with the Wolf ammo.  ;)

I know Wolf has a bad rap for accuracy in general but I was under the impression that their .22LR was top notch and made in Germany.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 07:48:04 AM »
Sorry, thread drift on my part, I was talking about 7.62 x 39 Wolf. Which also has a bad rap for accuracy but seems to shoot just fine through my 527.

I know a few guys that use the Wolf .22 for target pistol. I like CCI standard velocity in the blue label PLASTIC box. Others use Aguila and a few use the federal gold match which, if you ask me, is too pricey.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:51:40 AM by 280plus »
Avoid cliches like the plague!

The Lone Haranguer

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 07:02:22 PM »
I had a Training Rifle (purchased in 2002 for $229) that would shoot the whisker off a gnat.  =D    The iron sights were the best I've ever seen on any rifle, period.     The rear sight slid up and down a ramp that was marked for various ranges and it would hit to point of aim at each of them.     I put a scope on it, but it was pretty much superfluous, only helping me to see the target better.     You have to select front lens diameter and ring height carefully.     Unfortunately I was forced to sell it.  :facepalm:

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 12:58:07 AM »
You have to select front lens diameter and ring height carefully.   
With the Varmint barrel profile, for the 40mm objective on the scope I plan to use, I'll be using the Burris Sig. rings in high profile.
Formerly sumpnz

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »
I know a few guys that use the Wolf .22 for target pistol. I like CCI standard velocity in the blue label PLASTIC box. Others use Aguila and a few use the federal gold match which, if you ask me, is too pricey.

If you ask me Federal should be banned from making rimfire ammo. Somewhere in my stash is an unfired round of Federal Gold Target, the grade below their match. It was $25 a brick back when everything else was $9-12 a brick. Nice little wagon wheel on it from the 8 times I re-indexed it in the chamber to see if it would fire. I was about 2 failure to fire per 50 rounds. Their cheaper stuff is of course atrocious, much as any of the bulk pack brands.

I've shot a bunch of the Wolf .22, good stuff. I have been happiest with crappy PMC sidewinder which for a time I had at $90/5000 rounds. Made in Mexico, I'm thinking on Aguila's line, which would mean Eley priming. Very consistent stuff. CCI green tag is a reliable go to for ammo I know is going to act right, and the mini-mag is about all I hunt with.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »
yea, I do recall a few duds in the Federal gold I tried. Not the reason I left it though, to me it seemed snappier than most and made it harder to come back on target during (pistol) sustained fire rounds. I'll have to take a look at the cci green. I've shot thousands of rounds of CCI Blue and very rarely does one fail to fire. The plastic box is very consistent as well. People will try to tell you the stuff in the blue cardboard box (Standard Velocity) is the same stuff but don't believe them. The cardboard box ammo is not nearly as consistent as the stuff in the plastic box. Some say it has to do with which machine they make each with, the plastic box stuff being made on a newer/better machine. Don't know for sure myself.
Avoid cliches like the plague!