Author Topic: US States by Movie Title  (Read 5654 times)

Lee

• friend
Re: US States by Movie Title
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »
Gummo (Ohio). I've never heard of it. But even reading the Wiki summary depresses me. But then, the Xenia/ Dayton area depresses me as well.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »
I knew without even looking that Georgia would be stuck with Deliverance.

Seriously lacking in imagination. I wonder if they ever heard of a little film called Gone With the Wind?

Yeah butt Deliverance is so much more...memorable.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
Smokey and Bandit was only in one town in Texas to pick up Coor's Beer. Then it was all across the Southland.

....and most of NCFOM took place in Mexico....same difference...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
....and most of NCFOM took place in Mexico....same difference...
If it was where they ended up, they could have used Outlaw Josey Whales for Texas.  However, I thought of The Alamo first.  They could used any number of John Wayne and other Westerns for Texas and several other states. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
Yeah butt Deliverance is so much more...memorable.

*hill-billy voice* He got a real purty mouth, ain't he?    >:D

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »
Texas gets NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN?.....why not THE ALAMO or LONE WOLF MCQUADE?....or even SMOKEY & THE BANDIT?....bad list....
The Alamo for sure . . . but they passed over Secondhand Lions and  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Best Little Whorehose in Texas and Last Man Standing and Texas Across the River and . . . aww, heck, here's a list:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_set_in_Texas

And Oklahoma doesn't get Oklahoma!, the musical?

And they didn't give New York Godzilla?

I could go on . . . bad list indeed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:46:24 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain