Poll

Which is the proper way to install the toilet paper?

Over
36 (90%)
Under
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: June 16, 2014, 01:10:46 AM

Author Topic: Time to discuss the important things  (Read 4839 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Time to discuss the important things
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:10:46 AM »
Now that the minor issues like RINOs, gays, geese and kissing a fish have been resolved, or at least talked to death, we are ready to handle the important things.

Like which is the proper way to install the toilet paper?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Time to discuss the important things
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:20:01 AM »
You left off the third and fourth options.

3) How ever it ends up

4) On the counter.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 02:16:28 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that sometime last year "they" made rolls of TP narrower?
At least Charmin, which is my wife's preferred brand, did. They lopped off about 3/8 of an inch.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 02:16:54 AM »
Not enough options:

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 07:13:53 AM »
I bleeves most hospitality services (cleaning crews) require that it be "over" on horizontal spindles.  Same for paper towels.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 07:25:51 AM »
People really take this seriously? (and yes, I'm one of those too lazy to put it on the holder people)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 07:48:22 AM »
Wife gets annoyed if I just prop the new roll on top of the empty holder. I've been tempted to replace the conventional roll holders with veritcal mounted spindle made out of corn cobs like what you'd see on a corn cob pipe.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sm

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 08:05:14 AM »
Yes this thread  is important, especially if one is married or living with a lady.

One should  learn about significant others, and TP  before they live together ( not that other matters will  not come up...i.e squeezing toothpaste).

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 11:19:29 AM »
Over, unless you've got cats or toddlers.

Then it should be under, so that it's self-winding if it's played with, and won't unspool onto the floor.
I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
Over is correct.

It is known, Khaleesi
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 12:10:54 PM »
Ha ha!   "Less chance of a cat... unwinding the roll."

It doesn't make any difference, my cat has discovered how to unwind it in either direction.  As a kitten.  And the first time she did it she dragged a long length of it out the door and through the house.   And in the bathroom there was a pretty substantial pile of shredded TP left as an insult to top the injury.
 :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
Ha ha!   "Less chance of a cat... unwinding the roll."

It doesn't make any difference, my cat has discovered how to unwind it in either direction.  As a kitten.  And the first time she did it she dragged a long length of it out the door and through the house.   And in the bathroom there was a pretty substantial pile of shredded TP left as an insult to top the injury.
 :facepalm:

Yeah, that sounds like an urban myth to me.  I've never noticed any lessening of efficacy related to over or under . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that sometime last year "they" made rolls of TP narrower?
At least Charmin, which is my wife's preferred brand, did. They lopped off about 3/8 of an inch.

Yes, I have noticed it with Northernâ„¢ too. In addition, the rolls have shrunk (less sheets per roll). It's their way of raising the price, without raising the price. =|
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 01:26:50 PM »
Yes, I have noticed it with Northernâ„¢ too. In addition, the rolls have shrunk (less sheets per roll). It's their way of raising the price, without raising the price. =|

Almost every food item has gone through this hidden inflation. Many cereals ship the same box, but put less in the box.

Pretty much only items that haven't undergone this are the ones sold by weight or volume.

Which is why a gallon of milk is at $3.50+.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »
Back to the important things: Why isn't there an option for the 50% of us who don't care?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »
Over, unless you've got cats or toddlers.

Then it should be under, so that it's self-winding if it's played with, and won't unspool onto the floor.

This. But honestly, the cats leave it alone so it's generally however it ends up being loaded. Neither lady friend nor I really care.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »
If you voted under, I hope you rot in hell.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »
*Lights Pitchfork*

Yes, who are the two godless, longhaired, commie, unAmerican, hippies that voted "under".   Come on out, so that we can properly educate you with dimensional lumber on the correct way of loading TP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:27:36 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
*Lights Pitchfork*

Yes, who are the two godless, longhaired, commie, unAmerican, hippies that voted "under".   Come on out, so that we can properly educate you with dimensional lumber on the correct way of loading TP.

*raises hand*

=)

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 08:00:30 PM »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:17 AM »
I'm sure this inventor would have voted "Under" for his leaf blower application.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-EobpUV8Nbk0/T-raQbpTZ5I/AAAAAAABG4g/I3exQTWfwNw/s350/08cc247260e703f9c55ac7c1078d425a06205aab.gif

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:07:01 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 06:52:02 AM »
Over is the way to go.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 09:24:30 AM »
What?  None of you guys know how to use the three seashells?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »
What?  None of you guys know how to use the three seashells?

I don't know how they got by with only 3 shells. They were all eating Taco Bell.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife