Author Topic: Encounters with police  (Read 2923 times)

doczinn

• friend
Re: Encounters with police
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »
And after the collission, he just lays in the car, moaning in pain, demanding an ambulance . . . department the taxpayers paid $$$ for a whiplash (or something) claim.
Fixed that for ya....
D. R. ZINN

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »
Car proceeds to ride RIGHT up my tailpipe, close enough that I can't see his headlights in my rearview. Start paying so much attention to him, that i go over the white line a bit: he lights me up.
Cop friend of mine told me how he had a buddy who used that tactic . . . until one day the guy he was tailgating slammed on the brakes hard.

And after the collission, he just lays in the car, moaning in pain, demanding an ambulance . . . department paid $$$ for a whiplash (or something) claim.

I wonder if he had the presence of mind to remember to say he was slamming on the brakes for a deer or dog. I don't recomend that tactic myself as I think it's to likely to result in you dead or seriously injured or facing manslaughter charges, but police who do that (and I've had it done to me myself) should face reckless driving charges and lose their jobs. That's no more acceptable behavior than a police officer pointing his service weapon at someone without cause. Misused vehicles are every bit as dangerous as misused firearms. Probably a much better tactic for combatting that (from the general publics perspective) would be for folks to start hitting departments with lawsuits for mere "endangerment of the public" without wrecks occuring, and using dash-cam footage against the offending parties. Important to keep a cool head in these types of lawsuits, and not tip off the offending party that you're out to get them - not let them know the trouble is coming until the lawsuit with the supaena for the dash cam footage is hitting the police chief's desk.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 10:20:26 PM »
So, the cop who lied...what sort of discipline did he receive for lying?
None that I know of. But then I didnt stick around after I was released.

LadySmith, I'm sorry you had to shoot. The treatment you got from the police after that is disgusting.
Thanks Monkeyleg. Took me a while to get over it. Now I no longer use NWAs F* tha Police as a personal anthem.  grin
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 03:19:47 AM »
. . . I wonder if he had the presence of mind to remember to say he was slamming on the brakes for a deer or dog. I don't recomend that tactic myself as I think it's to likely to result in you dead or seriously injured or facing manslaughter charges . . .
I really don't know . . . I heard this story quite a while back, before things like dashboard cameras were common. And as for charges . . . how often is the guy who was rear-ended charged with anything? Isn't it usually the tailgater?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Strings

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
I got the impression that, in my case, Officer Not-so-friendly understood (from my demeanor) that any ticket would be brought immediately to his superviso. Since I've already had some fun with the Manitowoc County Sherrif's Office, I'd imagine my name has a couple flags attached to it...

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »
You can read about the only hassle recently that I've received by The Man I described on THR just run a search on "check your range bag."  When that crew (TSA und Indy Airport PD) came out of that back room I was certain I was going to jail, I was so grateful that they only nicked me for what I lost that day. police

Cops have tried to shake me down in Chicago, NYC or Boston, but I always play dumb (not so hard) and act as if I have no idea what they mean. laugh  Ignorance is your best defense! angel
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.