Author Topic: The Rodenator...  (Read 1669 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The Rodenator...
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2022, 07:48:38 AM »
"Kerosene is a leeeetle bit different from gasoline.  Lower vaporization. People can use it indoors."

Gee, ya think? That's why my Grandfather used it to start his brush piles... because he loved his eyebrows right where they were.

I've seen a LOT of gasoline lamps in operation in homes over the years. Still used pretty heavily by the Amish.

Nothing like adding an insane amount of heat to the house in the middle of summer, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2022, 07:57:10 AM »
I use a kerosene heater in my workshop. However, kerosene is expensive around here.

Usually just fill it with diesel. Road diesel (ultra low sulfur) is a less nasty than #2.

Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2022, 09:43:45 AM »
K Frame:
Gee, ya think? That's why my Grandfather used it to start his brush piles... because he loved his eyebrows right where they were.

I've seen a LOT of gasoline lamps in operation in homes over the years. Still used pretty heavily by the Amish.

Are you disagreeing?

Kerosene for starting fires outdoors is less foomy.

Use of gasoline lamps in the house themselves is unfoomy, but their possible spillage indoors is much more foomy than with kerosene lamps.

:rofl:

« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 10:02:17 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 10:31:43 AM »
Disagreeing?

No.

"Kerosene is a leeeetle bit different from gasoline."

Just kind of a Captain Obvious moment there...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 10:43:11 AM »
And then there's a gopher on fire, running around the yard setting everything else on fire. =)

I set a brush pile on fire behind the house years ago. Flaming pack rats can run pretty quick.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2022, 06:31:49 PM »
YEARS ago, my dad was going to give me a demonstration on the flammability of gasoline via a back yard brush pile. Poured the gas, got back a "safe distance" tossed a lit match in the pile's general direction, was immediately engulfed in the LARGE "FOOM!". After running back, dropping and rolling, just in case, he looked at me and said "ok, that was a little more than I was counting on but you get the picture."
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!